Freedom room 1027

perthgirl

Hi - just found out we have room 1027 (TA said 10270 - I am assuming the 0 at the end can be dropped? Interestingly it was opposite the room we were to have had if we had travelled in July 08 as originally planned! Anyway, knowing nothing about cruising, any idea if this is OK? It is on the Panorama deck and appears to be below the spa and gym.

Actually, just looked again and 1027 appears to be the wrong 'colour' for a category 6A. Perhaps it is 1270 which is in the bowels of the ship on the Riveria deck?

Oh well - what will be will be!

What cat cabin did you book??

1270 is a oceanview cabin

Located on the Rivweria deck-- which is NOT the bowels of the ship. There are still quite a few decks under those passenger decks before youeven get to water level.

Crew quarters, kitchens, medical facities to name a few.

The riveria deck is a very quiet deck-- and the place to be for less motion.

You need to call your agent to find out what cabin number you have.. and know that if you booked a guarantee that could change up to the minute you board the ship

What cat cabin did you book??

1270 is a oceanview cabin

Located on the Rivweria deck-- which is NOT the bowels of the ship. There are still quite a few decks under those passenger decks before youeven get to water level.

Crew quarters, kitchens, medical facities to name a few.

The riveria deck is a very quiet deck-- and the place to be for less motion.

You need to call your agent to find out what cabin number you have.. and know that if you booked a guarantee that could change up to the minute you board the ship

We booked the cheapest we could get - which was a 6A. Frankly we were going to be in an inside cabin but changed dates at the last minute and this was the lowest cost available. I've just done our sums and the total cost of our trip is in excess of $20k USD - scary huh. And we're not doing anything even 4star. Airfares alone are almost $6k USD (we are flying from Australia) so when you consider we don't even get elbow room for that the same price as we will pay for a cabin for 12 nights. Kind of puts it into perspective. Anyway, thanks for letting us know that we are not in the bowels, but rather a great place for quiet and not too much motion!

WOW-- 20,000 for a cruise and airfare? for an oceanview cabin?

whew--i could buy a house for that..:D

I often wondered why it costs more when you dont live here.

My upcoming cruise in 16 days costs 518.00 pp for a 6 day trip with airfare.

Are you sailing during a holiday?

WOW-- 20,000 for a cruise and airfare? for an oceanview cabin?

whew--i could buy a house for that..:D

I often wondered why it costs more when you dont live here.

My upcoming cruise in 16 days costs 518.00 pp for a 6 day trip with airfare.

Are you sailing during a holiday?

Wow - you can buy a house for that? Average price of a house in Perth (Western Australia) would be more than $300k USD - and that is out in the 'sticks' as we call the outer suburbs. Perhaps our wages are better? The average Perth family earns around 60k - 80k (USD) per annum and we do live in the best place in the world (in my opinion). I am actually New York born and visit the US often (father and older brother still live in the US, although not NY anymore) and wouldn't live anywhere but Australia (watch Michael Moore's sicko and remember Australia has pretty much the same health care system as Canada, France and the UK)

It isn't actually a holiday period in Australia but is peak season in Europe plus it is just expensive to get anywhere from Australia except Bali. Also, the exchange rate isn't great, although better than it has been for some time) I think I currently get around 80cents in the USD and around 60cents to the euro. Even our really cheap 'pensione' in Rome will cost us $200 AUD and that is for room and private bathroom and around a 2star.

Oh well, what is money for except to spend? We are a long time dead!

Archived