? re. military discount for add. cabin(s)

joybaby

Carnival seems to run that offer frequently...at least it seems like I've seen it quite a bit. Check with your TA or with a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner to see if there is anything out there like that right now.

Carnival runs a friends and family special allowing the military member (active, retired, just need to be a veteran) to book up to 3 rooms with the military discount. They just ran this special in May, and they usually also offer it in November. In May, I booked 3 cabins, and got the discount on all 3 rooms.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am booked w/ my hub for Dec. on a 'quickie' and then a TA on the Freedom in April. However we would like our dau. hub and family to do a short trip before the girls ret. to school next Sept.:)

just make sure on the freedom they will offer friends and fmaily, on a newer ship or time of year where it's busy you prob wont be able to get the friends and family, just the one room.We always book a cruise when the friends andfamily opens up... cant wait till sept/oct for it too open up got at least 2 more to book woohoo !!!!

I personally think they should offer this on all sailings. Other cruise lines do, why cant Carnival?

Even when our 2 boys were in a room across the hall, we couldnt get a discount rate. I think if nothing else, they should let you get a discounted room for your children!

I personally think they should offer this on all sailings. Other cruise lines do, why cant Carnival?

Even when our 2 boys were in a room across the hall, we couldnt get a discount rate. I think if nothing else, they should let you get a discounted room for your children!

I agree that for active duty military they should always extend to the family at least. You guys and gals deserve it!

For the rest of us, Carnival is the only line to my knowledge that offers a discount to veterans, so I am thankful for what I can get. :)

I agree that for active duty military they should always extend to the family at least. You guys and gals deserve it!

For the rest of us, Carnival is the only line to my knowledge that offers a discount to veterans, so I am thankful for what I can get. :)

Thanks!

I think Disney also honors a vet discount right? I may be wrong. I am sure someone will correct me if I am.

My father is (retired) Air Force and he books our shared cruises through the travel agency on base. I always forget what that office is called; Tickets and Tours, maybe? Anyway, he always gets a military discount on our Carnival cruises and they've never had an issue passing the savings along to us.

My friend and I will be cruising with my folks on 10/14 on the Sensation, and while my friend and I aren't military, we still paid the discounted rate for our room. Maybe the difference is that we paid my father for our portion rather than charging it separately? But the TA didn't have an issue with this and Carnival didn't have an issue last time we cruised with them, so I think if you go through a base TA you can get the military rate any time.

If you're retired or otherwise don't live near a base you can still call a base Tickets and Tours(?) office and they'll work with you over the phone. At least that's my understanding. Though I am the lone 'civilian' in the family, so what do I know :rolleyes: It is also possible, I suppose, that he just happened to hit exactly the time when they were running the friends and family special without realizing. But it's worth looking into if you haven't gone through the base office before.

Edited to say: Same goes for Disney/Universal/(insert name of popular theme park) tickets. You can call the aforementioned office and they will hook you up with the military discount. Disney World also offers discounted accommodations for military at one of their resorts.

Thanks!

I think Disney also honors a vet discount right? I may be wrong. I am sure someone will correct me if I am.

Disney offers discounts to active duty personnel in the parks, but offers no discount at all for military on their cruise line.

Most of the other lines offer discounts to active and retired military, but not to us "regular" veterans.

Thanks!

"One person on active duty in the U.S. Military can book up to three rooms on Disney Cruise Line at these discount rates. The person on active duty must be traveling. Active duty military identification is required at check in. All travelers booked with the person on active duty in the military must check in together."

Dave

My father is (retired) Air Force and he books our shared cruises through the travel agency on base. I always forget what that office is called; Tickets and Tours, maybe? Anyway, he always gets a military discount on our Carnival cruises and they've never had an issue passing the savings along to us.

My friend and I will be cruising with my folks on 10/14 on the Sensation, and while my friend and I aren't military, we still paid the discounted rate for our room. Maybe the difference is that we paid my father for our portion rather than charging it separately? But the TA didn't have an issue with this and Carnival didn't have an issue last time we cruised with them, so I think if you go through a base TA you can get the military rate any time.

If you're retired or otherwise don't live near a base you can still call a base Tickets and Tours(?) office and they'll work with you over the phone. At least that's my understanding. Though I am the lone 'civilian' in the family, so what do I know :rolleyes:

No doesnt matter if you book through lesiure travel on post. Or as of last April (last time I checked with them). I still could not get the discount for my kid's room.

Only thing I can think of is you are getting the cruise that is marked with the "friends and family special" that is mentioned at the beginning of this board.

Either that or he's not really getting a military discount for all rooms, just a discounted price they are offering at the time.

Not sure, but in less things have changed recently, the lesiure travel office can not offer you more than one room with a military discount unless Carnival is also offering it. Did I confuse you? Sorry if I did!

"One person on active duty in the U.S. Military can book up to three rooms on Disney Cruise Line at these discount rates. The person on active duty must be traveling. Active duty military identification is required at check in. All travelers booked with the person on active duty in the military must check in together."

Dave

Im so crazy today! I knew that cause we just went on Disney this year and we had two rooms! Sorry, been a long day! DS (9) was stung very badly by a jellyfish at Tybee beach. Man, how it makes me miss the clear blue waters of the Caribbean!

For criteria for military discounts go to ***** and scroll down on the left and click on military rates. There are several cruise lines tht offer discounts to vets. I know Carnival does the occasional family and friends deal, but I don't know about the other lines.

Not sure, but in less things have changed recently, the lesiure travel office can not offer you more than one room with a military discount unless Carnival is also offering it. Did I confuse you? Sorry if I did!

Not confused! It's entirely possible that he just got a really good deal through the base office; you're probably right about that. It's not an expensive cruise anyway, since it's so hard for any of us to get away for more than a few days.

Hi All, The office on all bases is called MWR for those of you who are interested.

We have cruised quite a lot and have used the military discount. The price the MWR travel agent gets you is no better than calling Carnival yourself. SAME SAME! The regular military discount for Carnival only lets you do the discount for one cabin. We have a family of 5 and my husband is active duty and it really does not matter, one cabin only with a military ID card (Faxed to Carnival).

The "military friends and family" is another deal they have a couple of times a year and as someone has already said, you can book up to 3 cabins on one ID. These 2 offers cannot be combined.

We just booked a cruise on the Valor for March 2008 under the military rate but the TA at Carnival said he will let us know if there is a friends and family promotion and it might save us more money if we use that.

Don't forget, they only have so many cabins for either of these promotions and not on all cruises.

Both Carnival and Costa allow veterans with an honorable discharge to get the military rate.

You must book a 4A or higher to get the friends and family (when offered) on additional rooms. We recently booked two 1A's and got the discount on one room, but had to pay full fare for the other.

How do you guys know when the friends and family special is running? Do you just have your TA call you? I had never heard of it except on this board. Have never gotten an email or saw it on the Carnival site. I guess they really do not "put it out there" or advertise it..???

Archived