Princess Air & Receiving Frequent Flier Miles

jt58203

When you receive your Princess Air Itinerary, do you actually receive an e-ticket #? Was wondering about that as you won't know your flights/airlines until 30 days before departure. I figure if it's an airline that I'm not a member of their frequent flyer club I'd have time to enroll in that beforehand and once I get back from the trip can I just go to the airlines' website and click on the mileage request form to get credited.

When you receive your Princess Air Itinerary, do you actually receive an e-ticket #? Was wondering about that as you won't know your flights/airlines until 30 days before departure. I figure if it's an airline that I'm not a member of their frequent flyer club I'd have time to enroll in that beforehand and once I get back from the trip can I just go to the airlines' website and click on the mileage request form to get credited.

Just enrol. The airline usually gives you a membership number immediately. Then you call them, tell them your flight number and give them your number. You can always do the same thing before you board.

Pia

You may or MAY NOT get FF miles. You will not know until you actually see the ticket (NOT the locater number). Certain fare classes in most FF programs DO NOT accrue miles. Cruise lines very often purchase consolidator class tickets-these ARE NOT eligible for miles. Airlines sometimes overlook the fare classes and credit miles anyway. Just don't count on miles credit and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Interesting, since I have never NOT gotten miles with any airlines that was part of a package; land or cruise. In fact, thanks to the many air inclusive packages I had, I am now using "found" miles for my air to California and my Hawaii cruise in October.

I just contacted AA to get miles on our upcoming trip to Tahiti. They would allow miles on our Air Tahiti Nui leg going, but not returning due to the class of ticket purchased through Princess. I guess the previous post was correct. I will still try it when we check in for the return flight and hope someone goes ahead and credits us the miles. Oh well!

We have always received ff miles for flights booked through Princess, no matter what type of ticket they issue. We enrolled in every airlines mileage club so we can make sure to take advantage of whatever Princess gives us.

We did this years ago before our first flight to Australia through Princess. And have been adding to it each time we book their airfare.

When we check in for our first flight, we just give them our mileage number and they put it into the system. Never once had a problem receiving those ff miles.

The only thing you can not do is book Princess arranged flights and then use ff miles to upgrade your seats as the ticket issued is not upgradable as it is the cheapest ticket available.

You may or MAY NOT get FF miles. You will not know until you actually see the ticket (NOT the locater number). Certain fare classes in most FF programs DO NOT accrue miles. Cruise lines very often purchase consolidator class tickets-these ARE NOT eligible for miles. Airlines sometimes overlook the fare classes and credit miles anyway. Just don't count on miles credit and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good information. I haven't book a cruise yet, and am weighing all my options. Turns out that Princess Air is only $15-$20 more pp than what I can do on my own (I live in a small community served by only one airline). If I book on my own I'd earn over 3000 miles. I enjoy earning miles, but not an elite member. I like the "security" Princess Air offers so if my flights get cancelled/delayed they'd get me to the next port. Each has their own opinion, but I think I'd still do Princess Air and not worry about earning miles.

Good information. I haven't book a cruise yet, and am weighing all my options. Turns out that Princess Air is only $15-$20 more pp than what I can do on my own (I live in a small community served by only one airline). If I book on my own I'd earn over 3000 miles. I enjoy earning miles, but not an elite member. I like the "security" Princess Air offers so if my flights get cancelled/delayed they'd get me to the next port. Each has their own opinion, but I think I'd still do Princess Air and not worry about earning miles.

Peace of mind means not flying into the cruise port the same day as the cruise. :)

I like the "security" Princess Air offers so if my flights get cancelled/delayed they'd get me to the next port. Each has their own opinion, but I think I'd still do Princess Air and not worry about earning miles.

Please go to the cruise air forum and read the sticky at the top of the forum. The "security" you feel with Princess is misplaced.

Please read through the cruise air forum-you will see some of the horror stories. The planes are flying full and "cruise air" tickets generally CANNOT be used on another airline, if your originating carrier has a problem. You may be STUCK waiting for available seats on the originating carrier.

Archived