Please Explain "Swimmers"

sas80

These were the ones I used on my three kids. They're good because they tie in the front so they open much the way that a normal diaper does. Much easier than pulling them up and down with poop inside!

http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/Swim_Nappies.html

I also used disposable swim diapers but since my kids get rashes easily, every time they came out the water, I had to change them back into normal diapers. I ended up going through tons of disposable swim diapers until I found the Kooshies.

For the record, I used one *or* the other, never both at once. This would seem a bit bulky and unnecessary but by all means, you do what works for you!

They really aren't hard to clean, certainly easier than normal cloth diapers (which I also used p/t).

I never had the "liquified solids" problem with any of my three kids in any sort of swim diaper. As soon as the diaper was filled, they came out of the water and were changed.

The other problem with disposable swim diapers is that if you run out, they can be difficult to find on vacation, but this really depends on where you are headed! On Celebrity, they didn't even have normal diapers, let alone swimmies.

I can attest that they really truly do not hold liquids, AT ALL. I was boating with a friend of mine who brought her 1 yr old (mine was at home with dad.) The toddler was wearing a Swimmer, and as we were hopping into the boat all the sudden we saw pee squirting all over the mom. We stood there, sort of dumbstruck, trying to figure out how the pee shot through the diaper. It was honestly like the little girl wasn't wearing a diaper at all. So weird!

Speaking of blowup pools... checkout the one we got for the trip! It blocks sun too!

9c03_1.JPG

LOL, did anyone notice that the Ad ladies head is ODDLY shaped and she seems to be losing her hair in a most unflattering way....? :confused:

Also, isnt the water leve in the pool awfully high? :D

My DD has never had a poo in the Little Swimmers. I usually taker her out if I notice she is starting to pass gas a lot or gets that look on her face. I can tell you that they do not hold liquid. Found that out the hard way when I put a fresh swimmer on her as a diaper because I didn't have a regular diaper with me at the time. It was in the car.

Archived