Bringing Alcohol On Board

parmus

Has anyone ever tried to bring on bottles of alcohol (not in pepsi containers, listerine containers, etc) and had it confiscated at the original port? What do they do? If so, were you able talk your way into keeping it????

Saw a lot of people being busted getting on the NCL Dawn. Their alcohol was confisgated and returned the last day. There was an announcement the last day over the speakers, for them to come down and claim their alcohol. I bet most were too embarrased to go get it.

Pack it in your checked luggage not in your carry on. Usually no problem. I bring plastic pints rather than glass. Put them in zip lock bags.

If you buy any bottles in port AND they see it, they take it & hold it for you until the end of the cruise. No big deal..it's done all the time.

Your cabin steward will keep the ice coming.

When they call names to go get your bottles, there is no reason to be embarassed. Noone knows if it was confiscated at the beginning of the cruise or held for you because it was purchased in port.

Have fun......Dolly :)

I hardly think violating Carnival's alcohol policy is breaking the law. :D I order a drink or two each day plus wine with dinner. But, late at night I like a nightcap in my cabin. And, for that I sneak a little Scotch on board the ship. If Carnival would sell me a bottle for on board consumption like RCI does, then I wouldn't bring it.

I purchase plenty on board but a drink getting ready for dinner or a night cap on balcony is added bonus. So a plastic pint of your favorite libation should be a major concern. 27days until the Triumph!

We brought two bottles of liquor and two bottles of sour in our checked luggage on our Pride cruise. It was never confiscated. We also purchase drink coupons, and always buy the drink of the day while we're waiting to sail-away. So either way, Carnival gets $$$ for drinks from us.

Parmus, on the Sensation we each took a bottle, we buy the plastic fifths... packed one in each of our checked bags... we also carried a pack of Baileys minis for our morning coffee :D We came back home with each bottle 3/4 full... we were NOT in our cabin very much. But it was very nice to have a cocktail while getting ready for dinner or a nightcap when we got home... bars closed earlier than we were ready for them too!!! Our drink bill for 4 days was $700 and we had $100 in drink coupons.... Carnival did not suffer because of the alcohol we brought onboard. Most people that brink liquor on board still spend a great deal of money at the bars... It is very rare that they search your luggage, but if they find it... just don't pack your $200 bottle of Tequila, just in case :eek:

Archived