Pre-cruise shower party - ideas?

kpatter

Hello cruisers,

we are cruising on the Conquest, Sept. 23. There are 120 so far in our group.

A couple of those are getting married in Galveston a week earlier. Before the wedding, we are having a "Caribbean" wedding shower/party for the couple, and would like to know if y'all would be so kind as to offer us some food ideas

for the Caribbean theme, as it will be "potluck". Thanks to anyone with an idea. (personally, I would settle for a can of Spam, and a case of Corona).

but I will take a Corona! LOL!

Congratulations to your friends! Come on over to the roll call - we need the members! :o

As far as Carribean food, you can always go with the jerk chicken on skewers, although I do prefer just making shish-ka-bobs with chicken, pineapple, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers, also make shrimp kabobs and serve with a rice dish. If you want more authentic, use curry in the rice dishes. They also put lots of veggies in their dishes - pumpkin, tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes,cabbage, spinach, okra, etc. (In the rice and meat dishes) and make curry everything - Goat, Chicken, Ox tails, Beef, Conch. For desserts, coconut rolls, pineapple pie, bread pudding. Appetizers - beef pies, oyster cocktails, veggie or chicken patties. Breads - butter bread, cinnamon bread and other sweet breads. Or you can really go authentic and try the Cow Heel Soup! :eek:

Everyone was asked to shower us with things we might need for the honeymoon cruise. You can provide suggestions but it would include things like beach towels, wine delivered to the cabin via carnival.com, magazines, sunblock, sunglasses, beach bags, luggage, travel size personal products, wine/champagne glasses, personalized luggage tags, travel steamer, etc. It was fun and the hostess actually created a huge ship backdrop for the room with butcher paper.

Hello cruisers,

we are cruising on the Conquest, Sept. 23. There are 120 so far in our group.

A couple of those are getting married in Galveston a week earlier. Before the wedding, we are having a "Caribbean" wedding shower/party for the couple, and would like to know if y'all would be so kind as to offer us some food ideas

for the Caribbean theme, as it will be "potluck". Thanks to anyone with an idea. (personally, I would settle for a can of Spam, and a case of Corona).

There's an entire section of the Cruise Critic Boards dedicated to wedding & honeymoon questions. I would post this there and see what they say. Good Luck!

Cut up several veggies, skewer them onto wooden skewers and push them into a whole pineapple.....serve with a ranch style dip. Keep turning the pineapple as you push them in...needs balance!

Bon Appetite!

Also cocunut chicken with a pineapple chutney sounds awesome!

You could make the warm chocolate melting cakes for the dessert. I bought the frozen one from Kroger (comes 4 to a package). Also I saw that Eagle Brand has came out with one-it is in the section with the cake mixes. Haven't tried it but it looked good on the package. I have tried the frozen ones are they are really good and easy-just pop them in the microwave and WALAH-warm chocolate lava cakes.

Also coconut shrimp would be great also. I have seen those at Sam's Club. I know if you are cooking for a big group of people quick and frozen sometimes is better. Go to one of the recipe websites and look for recipe on different dipping sauces for the coconut shrimp.

Archived