Snorkel Mask Question

bcklsh

We are planning another cruise for January. Tried my hand at snorkeling in the Cayman's a few years ago and the water was just too rough. So I've been practicing in the hot tub (yeah I know paints a strange picture, but at least I can reach my beer easily there!) and in the river. Which by the way is a really cool place to snorkel!

While I swim like a fish and love the water I have one little problem. The mask over my nose drives me crazy(short putt really). I have tried three different masks and they all really bother me. . .I apparently just don't like anything over my nose. I CAN do it, but not for long til I have to surface and uncover for a minute. Would there be an issue with snorkeling in some type of googles? I wouldn't be diving any more or deeper than I would in a pool with nothing on. I can't come up with a reason it wouldn't work. . .anybody???

Julii

Your talking just snorkeling with like regular pool goggles on right?

If so it's just hard because you can't always garuntee that when you breathe in that you won't breathe in with your nose too which means you'll suck up some nasty sea water!! my best advice is that go out buy a real cheap $2 pair of goggles and practice in your hot tub...if it works out fine for you go out and buy a better more expensive pair of goggles

Archived