Catamaran in Grand Cayman???

tamilyn

We will be on the Liberty in September stopping in Grand Cayman. Have been there a few times but have only done the beach thing and shopping. We would like to try just a catamaran ride - not really interested in snorkeling, just a relaxing ride. There doesn't seem to be anything like this offered through RCI. Does anyone know of a tour like this offered on the island?

We have book this excursion...my wife really want a catamaran and not a cabin cruiser. This seems to be one of the only ones we found. Hope it's a good trip. The price seems good $39/person.

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htmhttp://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

DMW/LAW - Did you say you are booked to go on the catamaran in your link? If so when is your trip? I'd love to hear back your comments cause we are giving this one some thought. I asked about the capacity and they said it holds 55 but they limit it to 40. Is that what you were told? It does look like a nice one so hope you have a good time!

We have not actually booked it yet, but probably will soon. I am not too worried (famous last words) about it selling out since when we are there, there will only be one other ship in port and things should not be too crowded. We are leaving on the Conquest on 9/9 and will be in GC on the 13th. We were on the Valor last Sept. and my daughter and a friend did a stingray excursion through the ship and they did not care too much for it. My wife and daughter love to snorkel, we we looking for something that included a catamaran and snorkeling, but do care to much for going to stingray city. This one sounds prety good since it does have t additional snorkel sites. I have booked with this company before on on excursion in Cozumel and had great luck.

Sounds like you are looking for the same type trip as us - we really just want a nice catamaran with good snorkeling and don't really care about the stingrays but having a hard time finding one w/o them. That's why I've been trying to find a private charter that might do this; however we are traveling w/ another family whose kids do want to at least make a quick stop to see the rays so...:) Still like to hear your review when you get back!

Archived