Masks

Chris and Em

Hello Everyone,

I collect masks from all around the world. Does anyone know if this is a common item found in the shops of Cozumel or do I have to go to a specific store to find a mask that represents the mexican culture?

Thanks to all that reply..

We purchase masks for our son at all the different countries we visit. We purchased the one from Cozumel for him at Chanakaab Park. It was very well done and a good price too. We didn't see any that we liked better in town.

If you are plannng on visiting Chanakaab, you may want to check them out there.

We purchase masks for our son at all the different countries we visit. We purchased the one from Cozumel for him at Chanakaab Park. It was very well done and a good price too. We didn't see any that we liked better in town.

If you are plannng on visiting Chanakaab, you may want to check them out there.

Thanks I'll def. give it a look...

Almost every store you visit in Cozumel has some kind of mask. But there is a cool store on the lower level in the back of the Punta Langosta pier (by Burger King), although I don't remember the name. It carries a huge selection of masks and stone statutes, natural stone jewelry. We visited practically every store in Cozumel during our 2 week visit, but even though they are right in the heart of the cruise shoppers, I was able to get the best price there. (They are willing to bargain. :))

Thank you Cruisin Tiger... My obsession with masks started on a 1996 trip to Malaysia and from then on every place I visit I try to get a mask that represents its culture.

I will also give that place a look and since it is right by the pier it's convenient.

chris

Archived