Does Camp Carnival Still Do a Welcome Party The First Night?

Rowan555

In the past, my kids have always enjoyed the welcome party in the dance club which Camp Carnival holds after dinner. It usually lasts an hour or so and consists of dancing and balloon games, then everyone heads to the Lido deck for ice cream sundaes.

I noticed in the latest capers on webshots that there is no mention of the welcome party. It lists orientation, build-a-buddy, and late registration for the first evening - nothing about the party. My kids love this party and I'd like to know if I should prepare them for the possibility that it won't be happening. We'll be on the Fantasy, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

We sailed last weekend on the Sensation. On our embarkation day caper, there was only the orientation and registration noted from 12:45 until boat drill, and then a teen orientation at 7 pm.

Our daughter was in Camp Carnival 9-11 group and our son in the teen 15-17 group, so I have those capers as well. On embarkation night, her group did some get-to-know-you games from 7 - 8:15 pm, and then the group went to the lounge to see the "Far from Over" show. The teen group had a welcome-aboard party that night. I don't know about the other age groups.

On all the recent cruises we have been on 7 day, 4 day and will be on a 5 day come Saturday....there has been the Welcome Aboard party for the kids.

Usually around 8pm "ish". The only reason I know is that Carnival staff send me a copy "Funship Freddie's" schedule for every cruise and he attends these events. (we have a special needs child that must avoid Freddie)

So I would answer yes on all cruises of that length. We have never been on a 3 day, so I don't have Freddie schedule for that length of cruise.

we have late seating (around 8) do they have an earlier party or a later party for late dining guest?

I find that to maximize your ability to both eat dinner as a family AND take advantage of Camp Carnival activities, the 5:45 seating is the best one. Camp Carnival's evening activities each night (after the first night) are from 7 PM to 10 PM.

What is your departure date in September. We leave on September 17 and I have hardly seen anyone with that departure date. I'm wondering if we have chosen a bad date!!?? Any ideas?

It is not Sunday September 17 it is the 16th and we are leaving that day on the Sensation.

we are a late dinner family at home so late dinner seating is better for us.

I wanted to know more specifically - do they hold a later orientation for the later seatings. Is the 7:30 (I think that was the time) for the Orientation the only one they hold?

we are a late dinner family at home so late dinner seating is better for us.

I wanted to know more specifically - do they hold a later orientation for the later seatings. Is the 7:30 (I think that was the time) for the Orientation the only one they hold?

Yes, but there's late registration, meaning you can go later at night and sign your kids up. The orientation is not totally necessary. We haven't gone to it in years. You can also go early the next morning and sign them up if you don't make it the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

September 17th Fantasy Cruise out of New Orleans

Check out our thread at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528354

Title of thread is "Anyone Going On Fantasy In Sept 17 07?"

So far we have about 50 of all ages (2 to 87) in the group....some with and without kids including one lady with 8 yr old triplets and a 3 yr old. As one of the "old ladies 55+" in the bunch, I welcome you to come over and join us. We already have our sail-away party scheduled on deck and some are even buying group t-shirts. We have one cruiser (jetskier) in the group that is our expert after dozens of cruises and we flood him with questions daily. He can even give you an address online where you can view the most recent Carnival Capers and Camp Carnival itineraries posted. My DH and I are arriving in New Orleans on Saturday and spending 2 days being typical tourist before the cruise sails on Monday the 17th. A pre-cruise party is scheduled in New Orleans Sunday night at Pat O's about 8PM for all those who can make it.

See you there.

Cathy & Ron

Archived