Can I wear this?

readytolose

I think both tops are lovely. Perfect with a cute, short skirt. Although these tops don't fall into the category of Halters, did you realize that some of the lines state in their dress codes that halter tops are not allowed in the dining rooms?

I have worn both a halter dress and a dressy halter top into dine. :eek:

Who knew???

Happy cruising all!:)

That is one item in the dress code that has always confused me too. I think halter style dresses are some of the most attractive for both cocktail and formal dresses. I've always wondered where that one came from.

I'm a first time cruiser and these tops with jeans would be fine where I live for a casual dinner - I read back through some of the responses and saw that jeans are a no no for casual dinner - is that true? Jeans are such a fashion statement now - and not cheap! Well, let me know!

Read the cruise brochure.

Most cruise lines specifically say that jeans are not allowed in the dining room at dinner. Some will adhere to the rule, some will let you "slide" by if you're nicely dressed.

Personally, I've never brought jeans on a cruise as I've always cruised in places where jeans would be too hot to wear anyway.

Price really has nothing to do with appropriateness. Don't know why you bring that up.

Archived