Just back from the Wonder....

spottythecat

We just returned from the 4 night cruise!

I had to share a few things! I was shocked that we were able to board at noon! So....get there early and get on board!

They had a comedy/puppet show the first night. It was awesome! He did a workshop with the kids another day and then did a shorter show the final night.

The 2nd night it was the Hercules show. NOT our favorite. Then the Golden Mickeys and then the Dreams show. They were both outstanding!

Capt. Jack was on board and at Castaway Cay for pictures an autographs. I was also amazed that I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair. There was so much going on that the decks were overly crowded!

We had the late dinner and one of my boys fell asleep during dinner. Our server didn't do anything to get the food sooner etc...we were shocked. So, the dining room manager noticed and got us switched for the rest of the cruise! The earlier dining was much better and the 2 servers we had were great. They both started with DCL when the Magic was brand new!

Beach Blanket also serves a casual dinner on the dress-up night. It is almost the identical menu from Animator's Palate. In fact, I think the food was better! So, we opted out of the dress up and ate there. It was open from 6:30 - 8:30pm.

We loved how they had antibacterial wipes all over the ship. They handed them out as you entered the dining room.

I did hear, down at Guest Services, that there was 1 passenger that had to stay in her room the entire trip due to illness.

We also opted to carry out own luggage down on the last day. We didn't put it in the hallway...it was so nice to walk off the ship and not have to go on the luggage hunt!

Also...for any of you with little ones...Castaway Cay has a tram that will drop you off at the beach area. They also have strollers and wagons.

We did the Caribbean Queen Snorkel trip in Nassau. We booked it on the trip. I must say, it wasn't that great. We go to Atlantis twice a year and found other charters to be much better (such as Stuart's Cove).

The marina village at Atlantis is a much safer/cleaner/better shopping place. Nassau was nasty and dirty/hot etc...the Marina Village doesn't have the best deals, however there is a Pirana Joes and a few other nice shops.

I think that is it! We will definately go back...my boys are soo sad today that their vacation is over!

We just returned from the 4 night cruise!

I had to share a few things! I was shocked that we were able to board at noon! So....get there early and get on board!

They had a comedy/puppet show the first night. It was awesome! He did a workshop with the kids another day and then did a shorter show the final night.

The 2nd night it was the Hercules show. NOT our favorite. Then the Golden Mickeys and then the Dreams show. They were both outstanding!

Capt. Jack was on board and at Castaway Cay for pictures an autographs. I was also amazed that I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair. There was so much going on that the decks were overly crowded!

We had the late dinner and one of my boys fell asleep during dinner. Our server didn't do anything to get the food sooner etc...we were shocked. So, the dining room manager noticed and got us switched for the rest of the cruise! The earlier dining was much better and the 2 servers we had were great. They both started with DCL when the Magic was brand new!

Beach Blanket also serves a casual dinner on the dress-up night. It is almost the identical menu from Animator's Palate. In fact, I think the food was better! So, we opted out of the dress up and ate there. It was open from 6:30 - 8:30pm.

We loved how they had antibacterial wipes all over the ship. They handed them out as you entered the dining room.

I did hear, down at Guest Services, that there was 1 passenger that had to stay in her room the entire trip due to illness.

We also opted to carry out own luggage down on the last day. We didn't put it in the hallway...it was so nice to walk off the ship and not have to go on the luggage hunt!

Also...for any of you with little ones...Castaway Cay has a tram that will drop you off at the beach area. They also have strollers and wagons.

We did the Caribbean Queen Snorkel trip in Nassau. We booked it on the trip. I must say, it wasn't that great. We go to Atlantis twice a year and found other charters to be much better (such as Stuart's Cove).

The marina village at Atlantis is a much safer/cleaner/better shopping place. Nassau was nasty and dirty/hot etc...the Marina Village doesn't have the best deals, however there is a Pirana Joes and a few other nice shops.

I think that is it! We will definately go back...my boys are soo sad today that their vacation is over!

did they show Ratatouille and Underdog? If so was it on deck or in the theater?

Bill

Yes, Rat. and Underdog were both in the Buena Vista Theatre. Cars was shown on the big screen by the Goofy Pool.

Pirates 3 was shown every night at either 10:45 or 11:00pm.

The theatre was pretty much full for all the shows!

Cool! Thanks. I'm 50 but looking forward to seeing the movies!!:)

Bill

Cool! Thanks. I'm 50 but looking forward to seeing the movies!!:)

Bill

we were on the wonder opening weekend of Ratt. they played it in the Walt Disney Theatre, and Pirates at Worlds End in the Buena Vista. The WD Theatre is a little uncomfortable (low seat backs) for feature length movies, but everything else was great! I wonder what big Disney movies will be playing when we are there in Nov.

That will be our first 4 night cruise. We can't wait!

we were on the wonder opening weekend of Ratt. they played it in the Walt Disney Theatre, and Pirates at Worlds End in the Buena Vista. The WD Theatre is a little uncomfortable (low seat backs) for feature length movies, but everything else was great! I wonder what big Disney movies will be playing when we are there in Nov.

That will be our first 4 night cruise. We can't wait!

The Game Plan with the Rock will be released September 28th, and Enchanted will be released November 21st.

Bill

Archived