Noordam cabin 4086? GG

I've never been on the Noordam but was on the Westerdam this past Februrary in a G category cabin, 4080, which was partially obstructed. As you can see from the picture below, the cabin had a floor to ceiling window, which provided a lot of natural light. I booked GG4082 on my Oosterdam Alaska cruise because of my experience with 4080.

IMG_0254.jpg?imgmax=512

I did some more checking and I do believe they all do have floor to ceiling windows, which is good. Basically these cabins are 185 square feet and pretty much like the size of a regular balcony room without the balcony on other lines, so the space isn't too bad. It will be like having a balcony without one with that window, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Your view from 4086 will be more obstructucted than haligonian37's 4080, but I think you'll be able to see some water as you look left (aft-ward).

Remember that occasionally there will be some unannounced crew outside your window, so manage your drapes accordingly. :)

It will be practically just like having a regular balcony room on a cruise ship without the balcony and a floor to ceiling window with a lifeboat hanging right through the middle of it. It will be fully obstructed, not partially like the photo above. I think we can live with it too, it's better than no window with a tiny inside cabin. Lisa, by just going a deck up I think or is it down, is the acess to get outside to the promenade deck fairly quick and easy?

You'll have floor to ceiling windows. If FORWARD of the mid elevators it';ll be a bit more obstructed. If aft of the elevators you'll be by the tender boats with the big windows.

Either way though, lots of light, you'll know what the weather is doing...

Have a great time!

Archived