Fares drop in March, why?

browndog

I am looking at heading to the eastern Caribbean this time around. I noticed that the fares drop significantly after February. Weather does not seem to change based on what I can find. Can someone explain the reason to me?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many schools don't go back until the 2nd or 3rd week of January so prices tend to be more expensive at the beginning of January than at the end of January.

Usually the 3rd week in February is extremely expensive because a lot of schools have a winter break that week (President's week). The 2nd week will sometimes be very popular as well due to Valentine's Day (all those people wanting romantic cruises)

Spring breaks don't usually start until the 2nd week in March, so usually the first week will be a lot less than later in the month, when the prices sky rocket - because that's when every family wants to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the exact opposite, fares were higher in March. We are only able to cruise during our children's spring break (or summer off) from school. The exact cruise we booked wes several hundred dollars more each in March. Like the previous poster said...book now & take advantage of it, prices will be going up if not already

Archived