Ptincess Tahiti cruise in Jan 08

poolside26

I am going on a 10 day cruise to Tahiti the end of next January. I read that this is the rainy season. Has anyone been at this time? I live in S Florida and during our rainy season, we still have plenty of sun. It will come a horrible downpour for maybe an hour and then the sun comes back out. Just wondering what it is like in Tahiti..:cool:

I am going on a 10 day cruise to Tahiti the end of next January. I read that this is the rainy season. Has anyone been at this time? I live in S Florida and during our rainy season, we still have plenty of sun. It will come a horrible downpour for maybe an hour and then the sun comes back out. Just wondering what it is like in Tahiti..:cool:

We were there in early Feb 05. I can only remember 2 days of rain in the 20 days we were there. Both days were on Tahiti and only lasted less than an hour. It was overcast many of the days though.

hi i'm sure it can vary, but that is the rainy season. we gambled as well this past feb, but took the last cruise offered for the marqueses itinerary on feb 6/07 and then btb on the cook islands one. others that had been on the previous btb had 10 days rain straight. boy were we nervous. we had 1/2 day rain in the afternoon on moorea, but that was it for 20 days!! when we arrived late in papeete from the flight we were beat as was everyone and the ship left that night(different on the cook is one). we were in moorea early and some slept in or took their time and by the time they got of it was raining, so they missed moorea! many ports we got to said it had previously had been raining for days but we seem to hit it right! guess it is luck and prayers!:)

It really can vary from week to week, even during rainy season.

We have been to Tahiti 5 times, the first was in October and the last was in October, first trip was beautiful, second it poured almost every day. Same timeframe years apart.

We have also visited in March and had only partial days of rain.

So, if you get lucky, you will only have a few off and on showers.

Remember, in the tropics, the rain is what makes it so beauitful. :) :)

I would go prepared with a rain slicker just in case you need it. Even a very light jacket can be in order if you do water sports as the rain makes it a bit chilly getting out of the water. I know we really needed ours on our last trip.

Archived