What to do with"stuff" while swimming w/stringrays

Nanatochase

Anyone that has been on the stringway excursion...what do you do with your stuff while you are in the water? I'm taking an underwater disposable camera, but want to take my good camera with me to the island. Is there a safe place to leave your stuff? Thanks to all that respond.

Anyone that has been on the stringway excursion...what do you do with your stuff while you are in the water? I'm taking an underwater disposable camera, but want to take my good camera with me to the island. Is there a safe place to leave your stuff? Thanks to all that respond.

We've always used Captain Marvin's, and we've always left everything on the boat (under the seat) and have had no problems at all. This is something I worried about (the first time we did this excursion), but we don't even give it a second thought now. We just tuck everything under the seat and get in the water and enjoy ourselves. :)

I went with the ship excursion in 2002 and left everything on the boat, they are not going anywhere while you are out there and I doubt they would risk losing the cruise ship business by stealing the passengers stuff. But you can by a water proof container that is slightly larger than a wallet at any dive store that you can hang around your neck.

We left our stuff on the boat the first time, which was a ship tour, and the second time, with Captain Marvin. Just piled all our things together in one pile, under a seat. As far as I could tell, everyone else on the tours did the same. We've been on quite a few similar tours throughout the Caribbean and never had a problem doing this, knock wood.

I think it's pretty safe since it would be really bad for business if the tour companies had trouble with items being stolen on their tours.l

We've done the stingray/snorkeling tour twice. Both times, everything, including my expensive cameras, goes under the seats. I don't think theft would be a problem since you're on a boat with limited access (where's the thief gonna go?). One thing to consider is that anything placed under the seat is likely to get wet, both from above as people dry off after snorkeling and from below as water runs across the deck. Use waterproof totes or place your stuff on top of your shoes/sneakers/whatever to get it off the deck.

Have a great time!

Art

I've been on many tours like this and I always take a zippered beach bag with me to carry all my stuff. Then when it's time to get in the water, we put the smaller stuff in the bag and lay t-shirts, sandals, hats, towels, etc on top. Good idea to slip under the seat as stated above so it doesn't get wet. I've never worried about anything being stolen. Guess I'm more worried about my stuff getting mixed up with everyone elses when there's quite a few people on the boat. I also take a zip lock bag to put my digital camera in just in case water gets splashed on it.

Archived