RCI Explorer to Horseshoe Bay

Dharma517

We are on the EOS to bermuda on 8/26 and plan on spending a day at Horseshoe Bay beach. I read on another thread that I can get a "special bus" from Kings Wharf. Do I pay with american dollars?...do I need exact change? How much is it? Do they give you a bus schedule so you can figure on when to return?

What is this "swizzle inn" and where is it? How can I incorporate that into my day trip to the beach?

Thanks,

Jenn

We are on the EOS to bermuda on 8/26 and plan on spending a day at Horseshoe Bay beach. I read on another thread that I can get a "special bus" from Kings Wharf. Do I pay with american dollars?...do I need exact change? How much is it? Do they give you a bus schedule so you can figure on when to return?

What is this "swizzle inn" and where is it? How can I incorporate that into my day trip to the beach?

Thanks,

Jenn

swizzle inn is our world famous bar/restaurant home of the rum swiizzle. a swizzle is a rum and fruit juice drink that people seem to looove. there are two now. swizzle inn (the original) and swizzle south shore.to do horseshoe/hamilton/original swizzle inn, get on the "special" bus (not the short yellow bus) and this will go direct to horseshoe bay beach(apprx 20mins). after that, get on the #7 bus marked "hamilton". you will have to cross the road from the beach entrance. this ride will terminate in hamilton(40mins). when you're done in hamilton, go back to the bus terminal and get on the #10 or 11 bus to st.georges. the #11 bus goes along the waterside more than the #10, but since time is of the essence, i would get on the first one to leave(45mins). get off at swizzle inn, and when done get on any bus marked "st. georges" - 10,11,1 or 3. avoid the #6(15mins). when done in st. georges, hop on the ferry to dockyard(40mins). times are approximate, your best bet is to buy the transportation pass which is good for unlimited bus and ferry rides, don't forget to say good morning/afternoon/thank you to the bus drivers and bartenders. bermudians are very friendly and with a little practice you can be mistaken for one.

i'm not 100% sure but i think the special bus is free, if not you need exact coins in bermuda or US.

to get to swizzle ss you need the #7 bus and tell the driver you'd like to get off there. when done, cross the street and get on the #7 dockyard bus

Archived