Adventure of the Seas

Anyone getting married or better yet, been married on the Adventure of the Seas. I don't see a lot of postings for that ship and I am interested in getting reviews and understanding what people have done/are doing for their wedding.

Thanks in advance!

Colleen

We are getting married in Aruba, on a feb 24 cruise on AOS! We are going through a private coordinator on the island

We have been on the voyager before and loved it so we wanted a similar kind of ship that could offer a lot of activities for our guests!

Congrats and good luck planing

I recommend that you check the RCI thread and do a search for the AOS ship. I found a lot of info there

Thanks, Caroline. I will check it out. Who are you using for a wedding planner? If you don't mind me asking? We were thinking about using RR because my fiance is nervous about something happening and the cruise not docking. But I feel like I could get so much more through a private planner. Thoughts?

-Colleen

Congrats! I am sailing on AOS this Sept 9th. We are getting married while ported in Barbados. We are using Wendy Harp with Island Weddings Barbados. She is FANTASTIC! A few other brides on here are using her as well :D . I have read a TON of bad reviews about RR so just be careful. I decided not to go with them based on everything I have read on here, but it's YOUR choice so just be careful who you end up booking with. I get a lot of individual attention using an island coordinator whereas I have read that using RR you don't get - you sort of get treated like "just another bride" with them. Good luck! I will be posting photos of the wedding and the ship when I get back (look for them the week of Sept 16th). Kim

Hi!

We decided to get married in Aruba, on the beach. We thought about going through RR and decided not to. We found that we could get about double the services with a private coordinator. However, there are some pros an cons. Going through a private coordinator, you might have a better service for a lower price but you might not get extras on the ship. For example, we have been struggling about booking a dinner at Portofino restaurant on our wedding day and I am sure it would have been easier if RR would have done that for us. We will probably not get freebees and decorations on our door but we were ok with that. If something happens that the ship does not make it to the island, well there will be no wedding.. while RR could try to rearrange the plans or do it on the boat at the port (they cannot do it at sea except for princess). For Aruba, there are no tenders and weather is pretty much nice all year round so I am no too worried about missing the port.We are going through http://www.2goaruba.com/. So far we have been happy with the service Valerie Hodge has provided

It all depends on how much you want to spend and the service you are looking for

Feel free if you have any questions!

Caroline

I agree with everything Caroline just said! :D (Hi Caroline! You have a pikkie up!)

I'm also going through the same company in Aruba and I'm very pleased with them. We'll be sailing on the Adventure of the Seas and we're getting married on Eagle Beach and then having a sunset catamaran cocktail cruise/reception on the Rumba and it'll drop us back off at the ships pier at 6:45pm. Planning is fun but it can be a pain sometimes too. Once you find a planner you like and get past the basics it's a very enjoyable experience!

Laura

Hey Laura!

Hope your planning is going well!

I haven`t heard from Valerie since she is back from vacation but not too worried.. still have time

We have decided to go with Elnathan as a photographer and you?

Sorry to be ignorant..:o but what does pikkie up means?

Hey Caroline!

Haha pikkie = photo!!! :D

We're going with Robert Arenz for photos. I've been in contact with Edwina ALOT and we're 90% done with all of the planning. Yeehaw! I'm getting kinda excited now - it's like 5 months away - eeeeeek!!!! :p :eek: :D

Laura

Archived