Jamaica A-Z Planners is providing a car seat!!!

sas80

We are very pleased. We just got word that our tour people in jamaica are providing us a car seat for the tour we are doing with them. No additional cost for the seat or the baby.

I would have held him, no problem, but I am quite relieved at this news!

If we actually get a car seat that we can use they are going to be tipped nicely!

A-Z Jamaica Planners P.O Box 527, Ocho Rios, St Ann, Jamaica W.I.

Tel # (876) 994 1960 Cellular # (876) 459 1069

email: azplanners@cwjamaica.com

We are very pleased. We just got word that our tour people in jamaica are providing us a car seat for the tour we are doing with them. No additional cost for the seat or the baby.

If we actually get a car seat that we can use they are going to be tipped nicely!

Thats awesome and good to know for others with small children!!! Have a great trip!!!!:D

Maybe more tours will start providing them.

It won't get rid of the car seat for the plane ride though.....maybe they'll start providing them too?

Only in a perfect world..............

I'm a former Flight Attendant and it's true that the airlines don't have the manpower to provide carseats onboard. Positioning them and cleaning them are the problems BUT I have hopes for this CARES harness which is relatively new. That could be stowed easily onboard but for now, parents have to buy it, which is more expensive than a lot of carseats (which can then be used in cars, unlike this contraption).

http://www.kidsflysafe.com/

Bug your airline about it! If enough people ask, perhaps they will provide these! I bet you'd even be willing to pay a small fee?

Meanwhile, be careful with the seat. Make sure it's not expired and I would suggest bringing your own clip and insisting on installing it yourself. Confirm that they have the age and weight of the baby. I had a car show up in New York with an old yukky infant seat for my year old son!

Have a great trip!

Meanwhile, be careful with the seat. Make sure it's not expired and I would suggest bringing your own clip and insisting on installing it yourself. Confirm that they have the age and weight of the baby. I had a car show up in New York with an old yukky infant seat for my year old son!

Have a great trip!

Yea, we wont be doing all that. We will evaluate the situation as it presents itself. If the car seat is too smal, or looks unsafe, we wont use it.

In reality, I would think that most anything would be better than using your lap..... with your lap, in the event of an accident, it is a lose-lose situation, period....

Oh it's right on top of Jamaica and you're leaving in 2 days!!

Bummer!!!

What can they do for you at this point? (diversion? credit for a future cruise? etc.)

Keep us posted and good luck!

We're going to key West instead of Jamaica. Depending on storm damage, we might not make it to Caymans or Caozumel, either.

This may turn into an eastern caribbean itinerary instead of a western caribbean itinerary....!

Archived