Beach Umbrellas

Carol RN

We were just at GSC last week, and umbrellas are not provided. (I thought I read on here for safety reasons they were no longer offered). I do not recall seeing anyone that brought their own, unsure if it is allowed.

If you get there early enough, you can score chairs either directly in front of the snorkeling rental area (some shade), or as you get off of the tender, go to the beach that's on the right (while everyone else is going left) where there is much more shade. There are more rocks in the water here, though.

We were there last month. They no longer provide umbrellas. However, there are a lot of areas that provide shaded areas - but they are not located "on the beach". It's a safety thing. I'd suggest that you don't try to lug an umbrella along. You might find it to be a big waste of time, and a hassle to carry. Hop in the water to cool off, and don't forget to pack water shoes. Yes, there are lots of rocks. I was so happy with the water shoes. As were my kids, and my husband.

Enjoy your trip. It's so beautiful on GSC Island!

When the wind kicked in they flew about. Too many injuries. Its that simple. Insurance rates went up, about the worst thing corporations will tolerate.

I would expect umbrellas are gone forever. Why would you accept paying someone's health bill for an injury?

Archived