NCL Dawn (port side or starboard)

helend

Hi -

I know this question has been asked before, but could someone tell me which side is better for port viewings ? Thinking of booking a Deck 10 room (w/balcony) on Dawn for next Summer... Also, does anyone know if they rent "Walkie-Talkies" to keep in touch with family on the ship...?

Many thanks to all who can assist...

Helend

Carnival Victory 8/03

NCL Crown 8/04

NCL Dawn 8/05?

They don't rent walkie talkies, but I always kept track of my party by making a meeting place (25 cruises under my belt). As far as which side to stay on, I would say that Starbord is great for the ports, but if you're on the Port side going out of New York, the view is spectacular. Enjoy your cruise. I did the Dawn twice.

I also have sailed on the Dawn twice. Last time in June. We were in the same suite on both sailings. We were on Deck 11 starboard side. What side you are on depends alot on what you want to see.

On the starboard side you sail past Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty in your view. For us "Westerners" this is the view we love to see. On portside you get a great view of Manhattan.

When you return to port on the final day of the cruise you get in very early in the morning. So you can choose port or starboard side depending on what you want to see as you depart from NY.

Marilyn

we are going to try starboard next time for the Dawn, had Port side on the Crown, so a change may be nice...Thank you my friends again and happy cruising to you...

From Helen

Archived