Will we get a full refund on shore excursions if Hurricane Dean gets in our way?

cheerioandsalut

Here is the official policy

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancellationPolicy.aspx

Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. Full refunds will be made to guests who purchased cancelled excursions. If the shore excursions are cancelled prior to the sailing, you will receive a refund directly to the credit card used to pay for the shore excursion order. If the shore excursions are cancelled while onboard, the amount of the refund will be credited to your shipboard account.

And what happens to that shipboard account if you can't/don't spend all the money on it?

We purchased our shore excursions through Carnival a while back but now with Dean threatening our cruise there's a chance for them to get cancelled - we don't drink so can't see our S&S account being that much $$ when we get off other then tips and the odd pop that my dh will drink.

What happens to any extra money we might have on there at the end... there are 4 of us cruising so shore excursions cost us $1000

And what happens to that shipboard account if you can't/don't spend all the money on it?

We purchased our shore excursions through Carnival a while back but now with Dean threatening our cruise there's a chance for them to get cancelled - we don't drink so can't see our S&S account being that much $$ when we get off other then tips and the odd pop that my dh will drink.

What happens to any extra money we might have on there at the end?

They give it to me for my cruise. Just kidding.

I heard at the last night they will cut you a check if need be.

Have a safe cruise.

Curious to know when it would be credited to your account? For instance we have an excursion booked for St. Thomas through Carnival. If they cancel and go to another port will we have the money in time to use at another port, and would we be forced to then book a Carnival excursion if we wanted to be able to use it there. We aren't travelling with a lot of cash or credit (except emergency) and could get to another port with little money available?

Curious to know when it would be credited to your account? For instance we have an excursion booked for St. Thomas through Carnival. If they cancel and go to another port will we have the money in time to use at another port, and would we be forced to then book a Carnival excursion if we wanted to be able to use it there. We aren't travelling with a lot of cash or credit (except emergency) and could get to another port with little money available?

Yes, those funds would be available for you to book a new excursion.

Thanks Cheerio for asking my question:) I wondered about this too after hearing that they may give you OBC if you can't get into any ports. I stress the MAY there. It has been done in the past but is not common. Like Bitsnbears we wondered how we would spend it. We don't drink and don't gamble. My but we sound boring! I could probably blow it pretty easily in the shops.

I've booked (and paid for) shore excursions through Carnival for St. Thomas (Coral World) and St. Martin (jeep expedition). If weather prevents the ship from going to a port, do we get a full refund on the excursions? :confused:

Kate

Yes you will get a refund. If you miss the ports entirely (no substitute port - just a sea day) you will also be refunded the port charge that was a part of the original cruise payment.

Hope all goes well, smooth sailing, and a stop at the ports!

Payd:)

Archived