Coffee cards?

coffee39

I just read somewhere that you can buy coffee cards. Is this just for Starbucks? Please tell me that you can get free coffee onboard Zaandam.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for coffee, however, we pay between 2 and 3 dollars a cup around here, If I have to pay that for every cup I drink on board it just may cost more for the coffee than the cruise.:eek:

I just read somewhere that you can buy coffee cards. Is this just for Starbucks? Please tell me that you can get free coffee onboard Zaandam.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for coffee, however, we pay between 2 and 3 dollars a cup around here, If I have to pay that for every cup I drink on board it just may cost more for the coffee than the cruise.:eek:

The coffee cards are for purchasing the Specialty Coffees/Teas in either the Explorations Cafes or Windstar Cafes. It's something like $30 for ten specialty drinks such as you find at your local Starbucks. You don't have to use a card, you can also pay a la carte. The coffee used in the Explorations Cafe/Windstar Cafe is Torrefazione brand (now owned by who else, Starbucks:) ).

However, plain old coffee/tea are free of charge throughout the ship. Cappuccino or Espresso are also free in the main dining room.

Is the price better for buying a card, or is it just the same as if you bought 10 coffees ala carte? My friend and I were thinking of giving them to our wives on our Eurodam cruise next year.
The on-line price for the card is $29.90 (including the 15% service charge) for 10 drinks, so they're just about the same. IIRC a latte was $3 or so.

Or maybe neither price includes a service charge? Either way, the card is not a real bargain.

Is the price better for buying a card, or is it just the same as if you bought 10 coffees ala carte? My friend and I were thinking of giving them to our wives on our Eurodam cruise next year.

I'm a big fan of espresso, so I bought a coffee card before leaving on my last cruise. I absolutely loved the espresso in the Explorations Cafe, but discovered that I shouldn't have gotten the card. The price for a straight double espresso is $1.75, but using the card it cost me $2.90. I would have switched to a more elaborate drink, but I really don't like anything other than coffee in my coffee.

There are all sorts of more elaborate coffee drinks that cost $3.00 and up, so the card would be a savings in that case. The purchase of any coffee drink also gets you a pastry at no additional cost. There are other beverages available, like Vitamin Water, etc.

Archived