Cabin Assignments and Other Questions

HisChildBeth

I was reading a thread, which I can't remember which one now, that said something about not knowing your cabin assignment, only category, before getting your travel docs. Is this correct?

If you can select the cabin you want, or pick one from the list they suggest, can they change that and give you something else on your travel docs?

We are really lucky to have won a 7 day eastern cruise in September, but we are biting our fingernails waiting for the contest people to contact us and give us more details like which cruise we are going on. We know that they are down to the last few cabins in Cat 4,5, or 6 and mostly all forward. I'm sitting on pins and needles wanting to know so we can book our flight and set up our excursions.

Oh, another couple of questions. Is it too late to make a reservation for dinner at Palo on one of the September cruise dates?

If it isn't too late, we would like to make our reservation for one of the nights that is a second night dinner rotation, but how do you know what days are the second rotations and each restaurant?

Do you have to wait until all your travel docs arrive?

I REFUSE TO EVEN CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY OF RAIN, ESPECIALLY ON A BEACH DAY, OR A HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

I'm like a 2 year old bouncing up and down in my seat :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks,

Beth

I was reading a thread, which I can't remember which one now, that said something about not knowing your cabin assignment, only category, before getting your travel docs. Is this correct?

Usually this is true. sometimes you can take your reservation number and look it up on DCL's web site. Also we have called before and asked before we got out documents. Also when we booked on board we picked our cabin..

If you can select the cabin you want, or pick one from the list they suggest, can they change that and give you something else on your travel docs?

They can but it doesnt happen often. If they do it is almost always an upgrade, that is awesome when it happens. we have had it happen a couple of times.

We are really lucky to have won a 7 day eastern cruise in September, but we are biting our fingernails waiting for the contest people to contact us and give us more details like which cruise we are going on. We know that they are down to the last few cabins in Cat 4,5, or 6 and mostly all forward. I'm sitting on pins and needles wanting to know so we can book our flight and set up our excursions.

Oh, another couple of questions. Is it too late to make a reservation for dinner at Palo on one of the September cruise dates?

They always save some reservations for people on the day of boarding. On the paper they give you at check in it will say when and where to go for Palos reservations and dining changes. It is usually right at boarding time at one of the clubs. Do this as soon as it is the time listed on the paper for the best chances of getting what you want. DO FIRST!!! Eat lunch afterwards.

Plus once booked and it is 45 days out for first time cruisers you can go on line to try and book Palos. It will often be filled but don't worry, just try once you get on the ship.

If it isn't too late, we would like to make our reservation for one of the nights that is a second night dinner rotation, but how do you know what days are the second rotations and each restaurant?

You go to each of the 3 restaurants the first 3 nights then you repeat restaurants, so from day 4 on you will be repeating.

wait for what?? Sorry I dont understand this question.

I REFUSE TO EVEN CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY OF RAIN, ESPECIALLY ON A BEACH DAY, OR A HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

Thanks,

Beth

NO HURRICANES!!!!! I agree!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks,

Beth

There are 3 DCL Eastern cruises in September. They are the 1st,15th, and 29th. It's this close and they haven't told you when you're cruising yet?

I'd be pressing them to come up with more details ASAP.

Bill

If you don't know when you're cruising it would be hard to be Palo. Probably all the internet bookings are gone by now anyway.

Archived