Photos of Vista class quad balcony cabins

maureenk

Vista regular verandah cabins are smaler than R and S verandah cabins. It seems to me it'd be difficult to get a decent picture unless it's taken with a VERY wide angle lens - or perhaps a "fisheye"

Four in those cabins would be a crowd!

My family is going to be in a quad on the Noordam next week. I will try and remember to post a picture when I return. As for being a small room for four...we are traveling with our kids and this is what was in our budget as I'm sure it is for many. I'm so happy we will have a verandah!

Rewopjm.....Thanks and have a great cruise! We have been fine on all of our quad cabins, including RCI's inside, which is only 140 sq ft! You will have 200 sq ft. PLUS the balcony. It's basically a place to sleep, shower, and change. Having the veranda will be a great place to get away. Don't worry a bit! You will be fine. If you think of taking a photo, that would be great! I'm very curious about the overhead bunk and what they do with the king bed....split it, keep it together, etc. Have a great cruise!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture but we were in a quad balcony cabin on the Zuiderdam, I believe it was 4163, VD category. When the upper berth is down, it is over the bed so don't get up to quickly because you will hit your head. The space in that cabin was fine not huge but fine and my girls at the time were 11 and 6. The nice thing about the VD cat. is the balcony is a little deeper then the others giving you a little more space there. We enjoyed the Zuiderdam very much.

Thanks for your response. So do they keep the king bed together or do they separate it? I wish we could get a VD. The only quads available for our date are the VF's with the solid steel balcony wall and the VB, which is what we booked. I'm going to keep checking, esp when final payment is due to check for cancellations. There are very few quads on Zuiderdam.....

Yes, they wiil keep the beds together for the whole week. Unfortunately, most of the HAL ships have few quad cabins and is a problem we run into when trying to book with them. We do have a quad cabin booked on the Noordam for March and are very excited.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from a trip to Alaska onboard the Noordam. We had a Quad room and were absolutely fine. We were travelling with three children (5,10,12) and had booked our oldest to be in Grandma and Grandpa's room but she ended up sleeping in with us most nights and it worked fine. Our youngest slept in the bed with us (It felt larger than my Queen bed at home, middle child on the bunk and oldest on the pull out. It was a bit tight but quite workable. I've hopefully attached a picture but since I have never tried attaching pics before don't know if it will work. If you have any other questions feel free to send them my way as it is still fresh in my head!

Mary Jane

706365584_QuadRoom.jpg.9bfcb467f9dcbced8b690d76a2566177.jpg

I forgot to mention that we had our room steward make up our bed backwards as you can see in the picture...someone suggested that in another link. The idea behind this is that you will avoid bumping your head. I have to tell you I bumped it anyways as my foot hit the light switch located where your head is supposed to be and I flew up in bed and wacked my head reaching over to turn it off before I woke the whole room up and it left a large bump on my head:o Even still, I liked having my head out each night and the room steward was great in fixing it that way each night but not during the day.

Mary Jane

• 8 months later...

How hard is it to take the mattress down from the upper berth and toss it down on the floor next to the pull out sofa? The thought of that upper berth is not looking too good at this point! :eek:

Has any one had luck with taking a suite that sleeps 3 and adding a 4th passenger on an inflatable bed?

Would they offer 3rd and 4th passenger discounts on adjoining rooms?

Happy Travels!

Saublesand :)

Also just wondering...it's quite possible that we are going to make the drive down to Fort Lauderdale...one could buy a double inflatable mattress and throw it down on the floor leaving the sofa bed unopened right?

Anyone ever done this?

Happy Travels!

Sorry one more thing I neglected to ask. Is there a privacy curtain that can be pulled part way or fully across between both beds?

And also...has anyone ever taken both the upper berth mattress and sofa bed mattress and laid them side by side on the floor?

Looking for sleeping options...my 2 sons are traveling with us this time and they are 14 and 17 and one is taller than their Mom (me):p

Happy Travels!

So do they keep the king bed together or do they separate it.
It's your choice. You can leave them together, as in the pic in post #10, or you can put the nightstands between the bed sections. That would put one very close to the sofa, however.

Sorry one more thing I neglected to ask. Is there a privacy curtain that can be pulled part way or fully across between both beds?
No. The curtain is really only a decoration, as the track only extends about 1.5 feet from each wall. In the pic in post #10, that curtain is out about as far as it goes. :(

Archived