Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express SJ PR?

tishie58

Anyone stayed in either pre or post cruise in San Juan? We are cruising out of SJ in March on the Crown Princess and need a reasonable hotel. Any ideas...open to all suggestions

What do you prefer? One has beach, the other Old San Juan. Pick your venue although you can take a taxi to the other at any time. Both are adequate.

Anyone stayed in either pre or post cruise in San Juan? We are cruising out of SJ in March on the Crown Princess and need a reasonable hotel. Any ideas...open to all suggestions

I have stayed at both. The HI is near the airport and the Express is near the Condado. They are both adequate.

My personal preference is the Express as it is closer to the cruise port...

My wife and I stayed there 2 separate times for 2 nights each pre cruise. We liked the place although the rooms are small but we only use the room to sleep in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is good. The pool is also noce. You can catch a bus to Old San Juan about a block and a half away for .75. The beach is within 2 blocks. For the price you can't go wrong.

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 6/07

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 6/06

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 5/05

Carnival - Paradise 5/04

Carnival - Destiny 8/03

Carnival - Paradise 5/02

Carnival - Paradise 5/00

We also stayed in the one in the Condado District. You could see the beach from our room, so we took the short walk there. It is a nice park and beach. The hotel staff were very friendly, and it was reasonably priced. The rooms are small, but clean and had great air conditioning!

Kathy

Hi,

We've stayed there twice pre cruise and will be staying there post cruise in Nov. The rooms are small ( compared to the states ) but clean, staff is helpful and friendly. You also get to use their free internet service that's in the lobby and have acess to a very nice free breakfast with many choices. It is only a short walk to Ashford where you can take a bus ( no luggage ) to tour around Old San Juan and the taxi ride to either pier is a short ride. Hope this helps and have a GREAT cruise.

Joyce

Archived