SF airport to pier question

marie24

We are flying into SF on 28 Sep for the 15 day cruise through Panama Canal on Sun Princess. We arrive around 11:30 am (or a little earlier). How much time do you think it will take to get to the pier? Ship departs at 5pm. I don't think that is cutting it too close, however I would like to know if I will have time after boarding to visit pier 39 for a little while before the ship sails. What do you think, SF residents? Thanks!

Marie

I wouldn't think it would take any longer than 1 hour to get off plane, collect luggage and get to the pier by taxi. Traffic should be okay on a Saturday. I guess it depends on how long it will take you to get checked in at the ship to see if you have time to run over to pier 39.

Hope that helps.

What do we think? Well, it sounds to me like you'll be hurried; you do sound motivated so I'm sure you'll make the best of it. A favorite part of visiting Pier 39 is taking some time to sit, watch and listen to the sea lions that congregate along the pier. I hope you enjoy those short hours you'll have.

J

Archived