Check out Carnivals website just updated about hurricane changes

Flipflop77

go to the main carnival page, then go to customer service (way down on the bottom right) then weather update and information. here is what it says if you want to skip those steps:

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

AUGUST 17, 2007 – 10:00 AM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dean. All of Carnival’s ships will continue to operate at a safe distance from this storm at all times. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

We will make some itinerary changes for several departures this weekend in order to provide our guests with an enjoyable shore experience, while operating the ships in the safest and most comfortable conditions possible.

Carnival Triumph August 18 departure - The ship will visit San Juan, St. Thomas, Half Moon Cay and Nassau

Carnival Imagination August 18 departure - The ship will visit Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Inspiration August 18 departure - The ship will visit Nassau and Freeport

Holiday August 18 departure - The ship will visit Freeport and Key West

Carnival Legend August 19 departure - The ship will visit Key West, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk

Carnival Valor August 19 departure - The ship will visit Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten

Carnival Conquest August 19 departure - Itinerary changes may be required and additional information will be provided at a later time.

We are looking forward to welcoming our guests aboard all of the “Fun Ships”. The entire Carnival team is dedicated to providing you with a great cruise experience.

Carnival Conquest August 19 departure - Itinerary changes may be required and additional information will be provided at a later time.

Wow!

That helped!

ALWAYS have a back up plan. Cruising during hurricane season we have to leave room for changes. Lots of people will be disappointed. Sometimes disappointments can ruin the whole weeks vacation if you cant go with the flow.

ALWAYS have a back up plan. Cruising during hurricane season we have to leave room for changes. Lots of people will be disappointed. Sometimes disappointments can ruin the whole weeks vacation if you cant go with the flow.

I don't want to be melodramatic, but this whole "Dean drama" reminds me of the post-Katrina itinerary changes and cruise cancellations. I was evacuated from my house in NOLA for several weeks, the first weeks not knowing if we had homes or jobs to go back to, and hundreds of people here at Cruise Critic were complaining so bitterly about missing a port or having to rebook a cancelled cruise - you would think their lives had been completely ruined. There were a few times I sat at the computer and cried while reading the threads of people whining and outraged that "their vacation was ruined" because all I could think of was gee, my whole CITY is ruined - get over it! Then Wilma hit and again, while the people of Cozumel had to deal with the aftermath, cruisers were on here griping about not getting to go to the beach they wanted to go to.

Yes, we save up for these vacations, and we want them to go smoothly. But sometimes life gets in the way - especially when you sail during hurricane season! I think people need to realize that these storms can seriously impact people's lives - not just this month, but for years to come. If you end up missing a port, or having to go to a less desirable port, or even having your entire cruise cancelled - please try to keep things in perspective and just be thankful it was your cruise itinerary and not your HOME that was in the path of a dangerous storm.

I really don't mean to sound preachy - I just had to post this.

Yes it does! big time! to me its should be a no brainer!

They can only guess at this point as to where Dean will be and when. Usually they're pretty accurate. If they have to make changes as late as the day you board, be assured they are doing it for the safety of the ship and all aboard.

What about us.... Fascination August 29 from Miami..

No Word Yet... anyone hear anything?

one week at a time---during hurricane season--

By the time you sail this Dean hurricane will be done and over.

We are sailing the Liberty on the 26th.. If there are changes I wont expect them until next Friday.

Yes, we save up for these vacations, and we want them to go smoothly. But sometimes life gets in the way - especially when you sail during hurricane season! I think people need to realize that these storms can seriously impact people's lives - not just this month, but for years to come. If you end up missing a port, or having to go to a less desirable port, or even having your entire cruise cancelled - please try to keep things in perspective and just be thankful it was your cruise itinerary and not your HOME that was in the path of a dangerous storm.

I really don't mean to sound preachy - I just had to post this.

its ok to get preachy--- I remember those threads.. and year after year how the posts do get pi$$y coz things changed etc.

I for one want to sail smoother waters and if I have to miss a port to do so then I'd rather change ports.

I find it terrible that this dissapointment can make a trip ruined coz people start looking for the little things. (and they will be found)

I feel even worse for the peopl eonboard since they have to deal with the dissappointed people

FROM CARNIVAL WEBSITE

255x26_fpo.gifTROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

AUGUST 17, 2007 – 10:00 AM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dean. All of Carnival’s ships will continue to operate at a safe distance from this storm at all times. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

We will make some itinerary changes for several departures this weekend in order to provide our guests with an enjoyable shore experience, while operating the ships in the safest and most comfortable conditions possible.

Carnival Triumph August 18 departure - The ship will visit San Juan, St. Thomas, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Imagination August 18 departure - The ship will visit Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Inspiration August 18 departure - The ship will visit Nassau and Freeport.

Holiday August 18 departure - The ship will visit Freeport and Key West.

Carnival Legend August 19 departure - The ship will visit Key West, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Carnival Valor August 19 departure - The ship will visit Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

We are looking forward to welcoming our guests aboard all of the “Fun Ships.” The entire Carnival team is dedicated to providing you with a great cruise experience.

Archived