Only 1 day in Vancouver

Our ship will dock at Ballentyne Pier on a Friday morning (next June). We will take the Amtrak to Seattle that evening.

My plan is to taxi to the Amtrak, store my luggage then tour around Vancouver until time to take train to Seattle.

I'm considering using the Vancouver transit to visit Stanley Park, Granville Island, the suspension bridge, waterfront area OR anything else you suggest.

What is a reasonable "game plan" of any of these sites (doesn't have to be all of them) considering we would begin with the monorail by the Amtrak station.

Any other thoughts or suggestions for Vancouver in a day?

I also considered the hop-on-off-trolley. My thought was I could see the same things, for less money using the public transportation. I have limited experience having visited in Boston twice (and Bangkok!) but I think we'll be o.k. I don't won't it to become "stressful".

Thanks

Hi Cajun Crazy

Transit is a great solution - you have unlimited travel for the day for $8 all zones! A great deal (make sure you ask for the daypass!

you can take Translink, our transit system, to all the major site, stanley park, grouse mountain etc

They actually have a special website just for getting to the tourist destinations http://www.translink.bc.ca/Greater_Vancouver_Unlimited/default.asp

I think that tourism vancouver has a special brochure for seeing Vancouvery via transit, but I couldn't find it on their webite...you might want to email them to see if they have a copy http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/transportation/getting_around/transit_system

Archived