Pirate ships?

Gabrielle R.

When we were in Grand Cayman a few years ago, I remember seeing two pirate ships in the bay. I thought, that it would be fun to go on board one of those ships- but I have no clue what it was called, how to book, or even where to start. Has anyone seen the Pirate ships and know anything about them? Gabrielle.:confused:

When we were in Grand Cayman a few years ago, I remember seeing two pirate ships in the bay. I thought, that it would be fun to go on board one of those ships- but I have no clue what it was called, how to book, or even where to start. Has anyone seen the Pirate ships and know anything about them? Gabrielle.:confused:

We just did that pirate excursion last week while on the CB. It was a blast. I especially liked the one who attempted to look like Johnny Depp, but honestly was much nicer looking and had a better physique. It is listed as Pirate Encounter I believe in the ships excursion lists. It lasts about two hours and you have roughly 20-30 minutes of swimming time off the boat so bring your swimsuit.

The pirate ship pulls along side of you ship and fires volleys at it. They make the young children scrub the decks, they check them for scurvy and lice, and they select ones who did not participate to be put on trial. My niece and her best friend were chosen to be tried for crimes committed. They tie them up with a rope and make them pay for their crimes. It was hillarious and Megan and her friend were really good sports about it. After the trial and torture they had to ask the parents for forgiveness and scrubbed their feet.

You can "walk the plank" to enter the water or dove off the upper deck. They have life vests which are required if you choose to participate in this activity. The entire encounter is photographed and you can get a copy of the CD for $30, ours had 320 pictures.

That was exactly what I was thinking of! I remember standing on the top deck aboard the Rhapsody of the seas a few years ago and saw the Pirate ships 'firing' their canons. A young boy was standing by me when they fired- he just about hit the deck when he saw it fire. I just chuckled as he cowered at my feet. How embarassing for him a 42 year old lady that doesn't flinch and a 12 year old on the ground! Always good for a laugh- especially after I told the boy I was a high school teacher- it's hard to scare me!) Thanks again for the info! I'll have to see if the Grand offers it. Gabrielle

Archived