Segway Tours (Royal Dockyard)

denisegold

Has anyone done this? It costs $79, which I have no problem with, if it's worth it. Opinions, please? The video (on Bermuda.com) says ages 13-89. Really? I mean, is 13 the youngest they allow? I can't find a website for them.

TIA!

Has anyone done this? It costs $79, which I have no problem with, if it's worth it. Opinions, please? The video (on Bermuda.com) says ages 13-89. Really? I mean, is 13 the youngest they allow? I can't find a website for them.

TIA!

I haven't done this, but have rode a segway before -- they take a little getting used to but lots of fun! Found this on the Bermuda website:

http://www.bermuda.com/activities/segwaytours/

Contact Us

SEGWAY OF BERMUDA

Contact Person Robert Territo Cel: (441) 504-2581

HTH!

Leaving tomorrow. So I guess I'll report back to you! :D

Hi Denise!

I'll be on Grandeur of the Seas, we should be right in front of you going into Bermuda. We dock at 9, but we have to transit the channel over to the Dockyard. I'm sure we'll be in sight at some time that morning.

Have a great time!

Theron

Yes, we did it last month. It was great fun. The guide takes you through a tour of the fort there after you learn how to use the Segway. The only downside I see to these tours is you don't want to give them back when your time is up! ;)

HPIM0585.jpg

HPIM0587.jpg

HPIM0595.jpg

HPIM0602.jpg

Did you take the tour on your own, or through your ship? We've taken a few tours and rented them on our own. We never pass up an opportunity to go on them!

Yes, we did it last month. It was great fun. The guide takes you through a tour of the fort there after you learn how to use the Segway. The only downside I see to these tours is you don't want to give them back when your time is up! ;)

This week as Grandeur was docking, a couple of guys on segways came down the pier access road and basically drove around in circles for a while. Obviously advertising their segway rentals! It was amusingly clear that was what they were up to. I took some pictures that will be in my new album in a few days.

Theron

• 3 weeks later...

Archived