Tropical Weather Update - Carnival

CoachTerry14

AUGUST 17, 2007 - 5:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dean. All of Carnival’s ships will continue to operate at a safe distance from this storm at all times. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

We will make some itinerary changes for several departures this weekend in order to provide our guests with an enjoyable shore experience, while operating the ships in the safest and most comfortable conditions possible.

Carnival Triumph August 18 departure - The ship will visit San Juan, St. Thomas, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Imagination August 18 departure - The ship will visit Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Inspiration August 18 departure - The ship will visit Nassau and Freeport.

Holiday August 18 departure - The ship will visit Freeport and Key West.

Carnival Legend August 19 departure - The ship will visit Key West, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Carnival Valor August 19 departure - The ship will visit Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Carnival Conquest August 19 departure - The ship will visit Grand Cayman and Cozumel as scheduled, but the call in Montego Bay will be cancelled.

We are looking forward to welcoming our guests aboard all of the Carnival “Fun Ships.” The officers, staff and crew on each of our ships are dedicated to delivering a great cruise vacation experience.

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

AUGUST 18, 2007 - 6:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dean. All of Carnival’s ships will continue to operate at a safe distance from this storm at all times. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

We will make some itinerary changes for several departures this weekend in order to provide our guests with an enjoyable shore experience, while operating the ships in the safest and most comfortable conditions possible.

Carnival Triumph August 18 departure - The ship will visit San Juan, St. Thomas, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Imagination August 18 departure - The ship will visit Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Inspiration August 18 departure - The ship will visit Nassau and Freeport.

Carnival Legend August 19 departure - The ship will visit Key West, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Carnival Valor August 19 departure - The ship will visit Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Carnival Conquest August 19 departure - The ship will visit Grand Cayman and Cozumel as scheduled, but the call in Montego Bay will be cancelled.

Carnival Fantasy August 20 departure - The ship will visit Key West and Cozumel.

Carnival Fascination August 20 departure – The ship will visit Key West and Nassau.

Carnival Ecstasy August 20 departure – The ship will visit Cozumel as scheduled, but the call in Progreso will be cancelled.

We are looking forward to welcoming our guests aboard all of the Carnival “Fun Ships.” The officers, staff and crew on each of our ships are dedicated to delivering a great cruise vacation experience.

I hope all are praying for or friends on the Islands.

Terry. I would love to hear your, and others opinion, on Carnival's insistence on saying that some of it's ships will stop as scheduled at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. While I am a Carnival fan, and will travel with them again soon, I deplore them treating their customers like morons. A minor wording change such as, "will stop as scheduled, if possible, otherwise, alternative ports of call will be explored," would be so much more honest.

Your opinion?

Al

Thanks, Host Terry for these updates!! I will be on Ecstasy Aug. 25th and while i think the hurricane will be gone by then, am anxious to see about the ports of call! I hope progreso and cozumel don't get hit too hard by hurricane dean, they have already been through SO much, especially in Cozumel!! thanks again for the updates!!:)

Looks like the eye will moved just south (barely) of Jamaica. 11 am advisory has it moving due west. That is very important for Jamaica and bad news for the Yucatan SOUTH of Cozmel. Bad news for poor little Costa Maya. A path south of Jamaica could also be very good news for TX.

Looks like the eye will moved just south (barely) of Jamaica. 11 am advisory has it moving due west. That is very important for Jamaica and bad news for the Yucatan SOUTH of Cozmel. Bad news for poor little Costa Maya. A path south of Jamaica could also be very good news for TX.
!

TWC just said that they all but ruled out Texas being affected by the hurricane since it is moving more west. Like you said, bad news for yucatan, hopefully cozumel will be spared. SOMEWHERE is going to get hit, hope everyone stays safe!!

I just looked at Carnival's website under Customer Service, but I don't see any updated info on cruise changes. I still see the bulletin from August 17th. Am i missing it somewhere?? Thanks!!

I seems to be the latest update i can find also...but i'm still looking...we have friends on Conquest right now and really would like to know where they are and where they are going!!!!!

The only thing that they have posted at this time is :

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/weather_update.aspx

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

I am waiting to hear How their itineraries will change now that the Hurricane Dean has touched down ....

The only thing that they have posted at this time is :

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/weather_update.aspx

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

I am waiting to hear How their itineraries will change now that the Hurricane Dean has touched down ....

I wonder why Carnival hasn't updated anything yet?? We leave Saturday from Galveston and I'm wondering about our stops in Cozumel and Progreso. I am so glad these places were spared a direct hit, but i'm sure they received some wind and indirect effects of Dean.

star2.bmpCarnival Conquest, August 19 departure from Galveston. The ship will still call at Grand Cayman and Cozumel as scheduled but will bypass Montego Bay

I just read this and even though it's a little late to ask about it, WHY did the Conquest pass on Montego Bay? The cruiselines aren't going to use Dean as a way of bypassing certain ports are they?

star2.bmpCarnival Conquest, August 19 departure from Galveston. The ship will still call at Grand Cayman and Cozumel as scheduled but will bypass Montego Bay

I just read this and even though it's a little late to ask about it, WHY did the Conquest pass on Montego Bay? The cruiselines aren't going to use Dean as a way of bypassing certain ports are they?

Well... that was last week when folks first thought Jamaica was gonna take it in the shorts. Fortunately, Dean passed far enough south as to leave the resort areas pretty much intact. The power was out for a few days as several transmission lines had failed during the storm.

The Conquest has returned to it's normal itinerary for today's sailing.

I'm taking my daughter on the Legend on 9/30 and if there's one place I don't think it's cool for two ladies to be alone, it's Jamaica...especially Ocho Rios. A few years ago I was there with my husband and we were CONSTANTLY bothered by the locals. It was a horrible stop and we couldn't wait to get back to the safety of the ship. I'll feel better once Carnival comes through with a decent schedule.

Poor People of Costa Maya. So beautiful.

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

AUGUST 24, 2007 - 10:00 AM

We have been closely assessing the impact on our ports of call from Hurricane Dean. For our cruises this weekend, we will make several itinerary changes to replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya and Belize as follows:

Carnival Fantasy August 25 departure - The ship will visit Progreso and Cozumel.

Carnival Glory August 25 departure – The ship will visit Key West, Cozumel, Progreso and Nassau.

Carnival Legend August 26 departure - The ship will visit Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We have made these important changes to ensure that our guests on these cruises will enjoy the best possible shore experience.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries this weekend. We are looking forward to providing our guests with a great cruise vacation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/Weather_Update08.aspx?wt.mc_id=Hhmpgnewandfunweatherupdate

IMPORTANT ITINERARY UPDATE

AUGUST 28, 2007 - 3:00 PM

We have been closely assessing the impact on our ports of call from Hurricane Dean. For our cruises this weekend, we will make several itinerary changes to replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya:

Holiday September 1 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Liberty September 1 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Legend September 2 departure - Isla Roatan will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Valor September 2 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Fantasy September 3 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

We have made these important changes to ensure that our guests on these cruises will enjoy the best possible shore experience.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries this weekend. We are looking forward to providing our guests with a great cruise vacation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/Weather_Update08.aspx?wt.mc_id=Hhmpgnewandfunweatherupdate

Archived