Which cabin to go for?

woodmill100

Also, is there anyway I can find out which balconies are covered and which are not as we'd prefer uncovered.

Both SS and CC are within budget for our 5 night trip from Miami. At the moment I am more inclined to go with CC as they seem to offer more "perks" which is more us than the space of an SS.

Many thanks

Also, is there anyway I can find out which balconies are covered and which are not as we'd prefer uncovered.

Both SS and CC are within budget for our 5 night trip from Miami. At the moment I am more inclined to go with CC as they seem to offer more "perks" which is more us than the space of an SS.

Many thanks

Woodmill, I suggest a good magnifying glass and study the photos in relation to the deck plans.

We were on Constellation, deck 7 midships. We knew we were one deck above the lifeboats on Deck 5 and expected a clear view. When we saw the ship at Dover my heart sank. Although the deck 8 balconies were directly above us the deck 9 ones were further outboard. Then the deck 10 decks extended even further out.

But we had lucked in. From our elevated position we could neither see the lifeboats nor the overhang above. We were also well clear of the lifts and the balconies forward and were not overlooked at all. The balconies at all levels near the lifes were overlooked.

The overhang meant we had an element of screening on a rare wet day and were sheltered from the scorching Baltic sun. The only problem was the overhang obscured the sky for my GPS.

Archived