Can I bring a case of water on a cruise out of Galvestn?

We are flying into Galveston on Sunday and set sail on Monday. Can we bring a case of water in, with it still being in the box and not packing it into a suitecase or anything? Give it to the porter in the parking lot to have in our room when we get there? We will go to a grocery store in Galveston and purchase it so we won't have to carry it on the plane.

Thanks in advance..

It depends on what cruise line you are sailing. Some allow it and some don't. That said, why bother? The water on board is better than most bottled water you can buy. If you want to have a bottle to carry with you on shore tours, then buy just a couple of bottles and refill them on board the ship.

Cheers,

Thanks Pat for the info.. How did you label your case of water to insure it made it to your stateroom? And the Porter didn't frown upon it?

Thanks in advance,

Sheila

I taped the luggage tag the cruise line gives you to the top of the case and had identical stick ones I made on name tag labels on my computer (color coded and looked just like the ones the cruise line gives you without the string.) THey were attached to 2 sides of the cases.

We pulled up with all the luggage in two cars with only 4 of the 13 people and helped the 2 porters hump them out of the car. We then gave them $50 - remember this is 13 peoples bags for 5 rooms. (Well 12 peoples bags since the airlines had lost my daughters the day before.) But still, if it were per couple, it was about $8 per couple. Considering each couple had average 3 bags plus the soda - it ended up our average tip of $2 a bag. But $50 looks like a large tip, and they were all going to the same area. so it was probably fair. One room, the taped soda, water package looked like it had fallen off the cart, but there were just a couple waters missing and everything else was there.

Archived