Questions about rooms/upgrades/onboard credits

txflood3

My fiancee and I will be cruising on the Conquest in Oct/Nov. We booked directly through Carnival in June. I have read many things on these boards and just wanted to see how they may or may not apply to me and my soon to be wife for our honey moon.

Is 4A the lowest grade room available? I have read about a 1A, but assume that is generally for the single cruiser. The website says we have an IS..I assume means Inside Stateroom. The picture on the site shows 2 twin beds, but our PVP assured us we will have a King.

When we booked, our PVP said that if the price drops before we leave, it can be adjusted for us. I have been watching the price of the 4A. I went up a couple of weeks after we booked but now is starting to fall. If it falls lower than what we paid, will our PVP adjust for us or will we (I) need to ask for the adjustment? If it is adjusted, is it in the form of a refund or onboard credits (I assume on the S&S card)?

As far as an upgrade, it seems they vary and there really isn't a ryhme or reason to them. I did read in another thread that the degree of upgrade can be based on if you are a past cruiser or how much you origanally spent on your booking or how early you booked...and obviously if the cruise is sold out or not. It seems like there are many different rooms left on our cruise....4A-4G, 6A, B & E, 8C, D & E, 9A, 11 & 12 all available on the website. The 4A and 4B seem to be dropping a little in price. Is the time of year we are cruising (10/31-11/7) a popular time for cruisers...generally full?

Sorry for so wordy...thanks for the help.

Is 4A the lowest grade room available? I have read about a 1A, but assume that is generally for the single cruiser. The website says we have an IS..I assume means Inside Stateroom. The picture on the site shows 2 twin beds, but our PVP assured us we will have a King.

If it falls lower than what we paid, will our PVP adjust for us or will we (I) need to ask for the adjustment? If it is adjusted, is it in the form of a refund or onboard credits (I assume on the S&S card)?

In general, the twin beds can be pushed together to make a King. To answer a question you haven't asked yet, the beds are locked together. You won't "slip down the middle". The refund, which you have to ask for, would be in the form of a "cabin credit" on your S&S card.

My fiancee and I will be cruising on the Conquest in Oct/Nov.

Is 4A the lowest grade room available? I have read about a 1A, but assume that is generally for the single cruiser. The website says we have an IS..I assume means Inside Stateroom.

When we booked, our PVP said that if the price drops before we leave, it can be adjusted for us. I have been watching the price of the 4A. If it falls lower than what we paid, will our PVP adjust for us or will we (I) need to ask for the adjustment?

Is the time of year we are cruising (10/31-11/7) a popular time for cruisers...generally full?

My me try to answer a few of these. Being that you are travelling with your fiancee, you do not want a 1A cabin. The 1A is not just for singles but it is definately not for lovers. The Cat 1A cabins and upper and lower berths.

Your category of IS is an Inside Cabin somewhere in a Cat. 4. Do not watch the Cat 4A prices as that is not the category you booked. Your IS is an Inside Guarantee with no specific category. An IS is generally lower than a 4A.

Generally, Carnival is not going to reduce your price unless you ask them to.

The week you are travelling is not generally a very popular time. Not many schools have breaks then. Most people are gearing up for the holiday season.

Is the time of year we are cruising (10/31-11/7) a popular time for cruisers...generally full?QUOTE]

First - Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Most Carnival ships anytime of the year are booked to near capacity. I'd say you're very lucky with the date you've chosen...as most kiddies will be in school and you won't have them running around the ship. Should make for a quieter atmosphere for your honeymoon.;)

Your category of IS is an Inside Cabin somewhere in a Cat. 4. Do not watch the Cat 4A prices as that is not the category you booked. Your IS is an Inside Guarantee with no specific category. An IS is generally lower than a 4A.

Generally, Carnival is not going to reduce your price unless you ask them to.

So...if I have an Inside cabin (inexpensive one...$549 pp), that is supposed to come with a free room upgrade due to the honeymoon (according to our PVP), which room prices should I be monitoring for a price drop if we don't have a 4A?

Sorry for all the newbie questions....gotta start somewhere...thanks for the help.

So...if I have an Inside cabin (inexpensive one...$549 pp), that is supposed to come with a free room upgrade due to the honeymoon (according to our PVP), which room prices should I be monitoring for a price drop if we don't have a 4A?

Sorry for all the newbie questions....gotta start somewhere...thanks for the help.

You need to ask your PVP what the upgrade is. I have never heard of a honeymoon upgrade. You should be checking for the prices on IS Guarantees as that is what you booked. When both an IS and a 4A is available, the IS is going to be lower. Your PVP could be thinking that the two booking categories are the same and then if you get a 4B with your IS booking it is an upgrade. The only difference between a 4A and a 4B is one deck.

I don't mind helping out with any questions you might have.

The way our PVP explained the upgrade was when the current deck we were on filled up, we would be bumped up....which after reading these boards, sounds like he may have been yanking our chain.

I know we will enjoy the cruise regardless of where our cabin is....just hoping for that window or even a balcony...but trying not to get my hopes up too high.

The way our PVP explained the upgrade was when the current deck we were on filled up, we would be bumped up....which after reading these boards, sounds like he may have been yanking our chain.

I know we will enjoy the cruise regardless of where our cabin is....just hoping for that window or even a balcony...but trying not to get my hopes up too high.

With an IS, it is an Inside Guarantee and there is no deck that you are on. Two weeks before sailing, they will put you somewhere in an inside cabin. LIke you said, I wouldn't get my hopes too high for a window or a balcony.

Remember, no matter where you are on the ship, you have access to everything that everybody else has. Don't let the whole upgrade/price thing stress you out.

Don't let the whole upgrade/price thing stress you out.

I agree with Joe fully. On a recent cruise (not Carnival) I was upgraded five categories. Sounds impressive, doesn't it. Especially since there were only 12 categories on the ship. The reality -- I was fifty yards closer to the restaurant...

Archived