Lifeboat Drill ??

ChrisC.

My husband and I are sailing on the Journey Oct. 6 to Bermuda. We have seen several different lifeboat drills on 8 previous cruises. He is getting better after an illness but still has trouble standing for a long time. Can anyone tell me what the lifeboat drill entails on the Journey? Thanks Chris

We were on the 8/11 Journey sailing. The drill starts at your assigned muster station which will be one of the lounges on board. We started in the Cabaret with about half (or more) of the ships occupants. There was a short presentation in the lounge -- where we were seated (arrive early if you require a seat) -- demonstrating how to put on the life jackets and then we were all sent out to the promenade deck where we were lined up by the life boats. For that part of the drill we had to stand for some minutes (less than 10). I did notice one or two persons who probably had difficulty standing sitting down on benches for this portion and no one complained. I was personally uncomfortable with the situation leaving the lounge as it was very crowded and there was a real bottleneck at the doorway to the promenade -- I worry about possible panic and pushing should a real emergency occur. I guess I am old fashioned, but I prefer to muster on the life boat deck.

Archived