Bedspreads-should come with Mr. Yuck stickers!

PoseidonGodoftheSea

Ok,,, not to affend but IQ check here.:cool: When was the last time you were naked in your place of worship, restaurant etc. When was the last time you had sexual relations in a public place (please don't answer).

It's a private room for your stay and you can just imagine what people do behind close doors... hence the need for a towel or sheet to go over chairs and sofas etc.....

Get it now....!

CuriousCat

[quote name='Pontius Navigator']Ever eat free peanuts or nibbles at the bar?

My sister-in-law, a policewoman, said that one bowl had been used by 21 men. Go figure :)[/quote]

This is a very excellent point. On a trip to Seattle last year, my DH got violently sick with e-coli...but, I didn't and ate (or sampled) every single thing he had eaten that day. The only exception was the various free samples of nuts and other similar nibbles at the Pikes Market. :cool:

[quote name='curiouscat']Ok,,, not to affend but IQ check here.:cool: When was the last time you were naked in your place of worship, restaurant etc. When was the last time you had sexual relations in a public place (please don't answer).

It's a private room for your stay and you can just imagine what people do behind close doors... hence the need for a towel or sheet to go over chairs and sofas etc.....

Get it now....!

CuriousCat[/quote]

That is really the question! The media has achieved it's goal. We are all busy visualizing all the ills that can befall us from the Terrible Tales we see and read.

Yes, it's important to wash your hands, wear clean underwear (remember, you might be in an accident) but this Paranoia is what is really going to kill us.
Stress yourselves, if you wish, but please lets not overdue it.

Something is going to end this cruising life for me.....but it is not a bedspread that is not washed often enough.

Marilyn

[quote name='curiouscat']It's a private room for your stay and you can just imagine what people do behind close doors... hence the need for a towel or sheet to go over chairs and sofas etc.....
[/quote]

And what, exactly, do you expect this towel or sheet to DO? Seriously, unless you are sitting on the chairs and sofas naked with open lesions AND the, um, residue is fresh enough to still contain living microorganisms, it's not like you are going to catch anything from these sofas/chairs... It's simply a matter of it being distasteful. Isn't it still distasteful under a sheet?

And what if somebody came from sitting on a sofa or chair in their cabin or hotel room, then went and sat in a restaurant or a place of worship? They would most likely transfer small amounts of whatever residue was on the sofa/chair to the seats in the restaurant/place of worship... Didja ever think about that?

My feeling is that this is an interesting topic to think about in the way that horror movies and gross-out comedies are interesting to think about. However, I wouldn't actually allow this concept to affect my behavior in any way. If I lie down, even naked, on a bedspread that is less than antiseptic, SO WHAT?! As soon as I shower the next morning, I'm back to being clean... Sit on your bedspreads. Sit on your sofas/chairs. No harm will come of it!

There are billions of microbes covering everything we touch as well as our bodies. There isn't a dirtier place than one's mouth but we live together for the most part uneventfully with our environmental germs.
Over 40,000 people a year die from automobile accidents in this country every year.Yet we climb into our autos every day without a thought.
When it can be proven that 1% of that number die from contact with bedspreads,handrails,or sofas,I'll start wrapping myself in saran wrap inside a plastic bubble in an air locked "safe room".
Until then I'm going to live "on the edge"...touching hand rails,breathing air in public rooms,and even eating from salad bars and nut bowls.How exhilerating to live with danger.
I am prepared for the fact that no one gets out of this rat race alive.

If you put it all in perspective, not to long ago we all used to squat in the dirt together.
I have been in a extended stay hotel now for two weeks relocating my son to Austin. If I let myself REALLY think about it, I'd be wrapped in Saran Wrap. I made a conscious decision to quit torturing myself.
I will cop to wiping most stuff down with antibacterial wipes when I first got here. I really started obsessing about it and had to get a grip. :eek:

Archived