For the true chocolate lover I must ask...

blambition

Do they serve chocolate souffle in any of the dining rooms on the Journey? We are set to sail in Oct. and did this itinerary last year on Zenith and we were unable to get our favorite dessert. I have heard so many talk about this Bananas Foster dessert that seems available on several occasions. Is it too much to ask for a chocolate souffle just once during the week cruise?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Vicki

Prime C has a chocolate lava cake to die for -- and I do believe that I saw chocolate souffle on the menu somewhere -- as well as many other chocolate delights. On Thursday night there was excellent chocolate on the dessert sampler also -- and on at least two nights the good night treats were very chocolate intensive. I do not think that you will be disappointed.

My DW had a chocolate souffle in Aqualina. It was ordered before the meal order was taken, because (as you know), the souffle takes quite a while to prepare. She said it was one of the best she ever had. As a matter of fact, she ordered the Chilean Sea Bass, and actually commented that the entire meal in Aqualina was the best she has had in her entire life! (My osso bucco wasn't bad, either!)

PianoGary-

Where were you? We looked for you but there was someone else playing the piano ;-).

BTW, The chocolate souffle was outrageous at Aqualina, but so was the Grand Marnier souffle!

Also, the apple tart was fantastic.

Now I have a dilemma, since I already know I will never convince the others in my party to eat at Aqualina since they are not seafood lovers. I might have to see if I can bribe someone to arrange a chocolate souffle for me since I so rarely get my favorite dessert.

Vicki

Now I have a dilemma, since I already know I will never convince the others in my party to eat at Aqualina since they are not seafood lovers. I might have to see if I can bribe someone to arrange a chocolate souffle for me since I so rarely get my favorite dessert.

Vicki

Hi Blambition !

While I have no idea if this can happen, I would suggest asking the Maitre'd at Prime C if they can take care of your request. I know both restaurants are in the same general area, and may share the same kitchen. Perhaps if you ask nicely, they can make it happen.

I have had the Chocolate Souffle in the Specialty Restaurants on the M-Class ships, and it is fantastic. I hope you are able to enjoy it. Good luck !

Thanks Andy for the suggestion, I will very nicely ask if that could be arranged. We have our reservations for Prime C set for Monday night while in port. We would consider eating there a second time on the first night out after we see if the sea is smooth. That idea we will have to play by ear.

I'm sure I will be gaining enough weight if I don't' get my souffle, but I really do want it. I know we will love this cruise no matter what, from all the reviews I have been reading.

Thanks again to the others who have sailed and took the time to answer questions regarding the ship. This really helps build excitement with a new ship.

Vicki

PianoGary-

Where were you? We looked for you but there was someone else playing the piano ;-).

BTW, The chocolate souffle was outrageous at Aqualina, but so was the Grand Marnier souffle!

Also, the apple tart was fantastic.

Hi smdubowsky:

Sorry we missed you - I didn't join the talent show this cruise, but I usually do (it's a dead give-away for my cruisecritic name). I DID meet the three friends 'deanandjack' who started the 8/11 roll call, though. It's tough to identify the CC folks without the 'authentic' CC gear and clothing, isn't it?:rolleyes: !

I would love it if someone could post the menu for Aqualina. I do not believe anyone has ever posted it. I would be happy to see the standard menu as a start. Perhaps one of our future cruisers could try and take a picture of the menu.

Vicki

I had a rack of lamb in Aqualina..... it's more than seafood.

I had a chocolate souffle.. first souffle out of 14 I've had a Celebrity/Aza

which was actually baked through the way it should be.

Just be careful of the cup it's baked in. Hot to the touch.

Archived