I am a slacker

dna32

Ok..so my wedding date is December 28th 2007 and so far I have sent save the date magnets...:eek:

All of the people coming to the wedding are family members except 3...there will be a total of 23...originally there was 15 sailing and 8 non-sailing...now it looks like there might be 19 sailing...so the question is...

When do I actually send the invites out?? :confused: Should I be sending them now? And since most guest will be sailing...Do I just ask the others to RSVP via phone? I just dont know what to do here...

Any suggestions....

Yes, I think you should send them out. I sent mine out last week and our wedding is the first week of February. I read some etiquette that said for destination weddings you should send the invitations 4-6 months in advance. I did not do RSVP cards though. My TA will inform me of who has booked.

I have not sent out my invites yet but thats for obvious reasons....wedding is not till 8/5/08 however, I plan on mailing the invitation out probably at the start of April to allow any one who has not booked the chance still to do so. As far as RSVP's, I will also probably have them contact TA.

Wow..I really am a slacker:o ....I will have to work on those this weekend!!! Thanks for the input!!

What about the RSVP..since there will only be 3 that will need to respond..how should I handel that..any sugestions welcome!!!

Anyone have examples of what wording you used...

I need help...I think that is why I keep puting it off!

We knew of a wedding at home as the 'big secret' leaked out but not the date. The inevitable happened and I didn't make it and Mrs PN had to return after the church service.

More recently was had the fridge magnet 18 months ahead! It was my first diary date for 2008 but only just. The Aurora followed a week later.

Well i am having my guests resond right after the last payment for the crusie is due which is sept 29th for me idk if it varies or not. But if you go over your wedding details you have to send in your list of names and stuff to the crusie ppl within a certain time perion, RCCL is 45 days, so you want to give yourself enough time to do that! Hope that helps!

No no don't feel bad........my wedding is october 28th 2007 and I just put my invitations in the mail yesterday. And that's only the people here in the states. My friends and family in the Bahamas haven't gotten theirs yet...but I know they're coming :) I really am a slacker...but i'm not worried because i'm pretty carefree.

I think you're ok, esp since you sent out STD's. People who will be coming have probably already started planning anyway, right? The invitation just will make it official. But, I would probably start them soon. FI worked on ours last weekend - we're both pretty familiar with photoshop and everything, so it was a fun project.

We are not having a destination but FI's entire family will be flying in... they're scattered all over the country. So, we did a STD last December as soon as we knew the date (11 months prior :o - but we made it part of a Christmas card). Just recently I sent out an emailed update to everyone with our wedding website (which has our hotel block info and shuttle info on it). I thought the out-of-towners might want to start booking rooms for Nov. esp since the hotel couldn't guarantee availability.

Our invites won't go out until mid-to-late Sept. (a little more than 2 months out from our Nov. 23 wedding).

Archived