I absolutley HATE everyone on this board...

lupee13

for getting me hooked on cruising and making my first cruise the most amazing experience of a life time! :D hahaha

but no seriously thank you all so much your input and advice it gave my family one of our favorite vacations ever!

and i now have the cruising bug the day i got home from the cruise i was already looking at where we could go next!

but i was figuring that mom wouldnt want to go for a while, she enjoyed the cruise but did not like it sometimes when we were in large groups of people so i figured she felt that cruising was not for her....but then to my surprise i walked downstairs and spotted her on the carnival website checking out different ships! WOOO!!!:)

so anybody have any advice for a good family ship with ages of late 40's 21 and 17? i know its more of a personal decision but i just wanna get a feel for what people have to say

Personally, I think that each cruise is what you make it. We have been on Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbbean, and Holland America. Each one had something that made it memorable. People talk about the food here and there, but we have never been so put off by food that it ruined our time. Taking time to scope out your destinations, reading what poeple say on these boaards --and what you want or like to do will have a lot to do with how good a time you will have. We have enjoyed ALL of our cruises! A lot of our enjoyment came from the people we met on the ship, in the ports and of course, the crew members! We are a family --ages, 56, 51, and 15. Think about the destinations you would like to see and go from there! Bon Voyage!! It will be interesting to see what others say,

Good for all of you, it good to hear you had a good time. We do the same thing when we get home from our cruise. We start looking and planning the next one. So far we have been able to go everyother year. So we can start looking forward to the next cruise even though it will be two years away.

so anybody have any advice for a good family ship with ages of late 40's 21 and 17? i know its more of a personal decision but i just wanna get a feel for what people have to say

Ha, back at you! Welcome to the addiction.

They're all family ships at certain times of the year. Pick destinations that interest you or homeports that are close and minimize travel. That way you have more to spend on the cruise or for shopping.

My DW isn't much for crowds either but she cruises. Quite time alone is what balconies are for.

Glad you've got the cruise bug

for getting me hooked on cruising and making my first cruise the most amazing experience of a life time! :D hahaha

but no seriously thank you all so much your input and advice it gave my family one of our favorite vacations ever!

and i now have the cruising bug the day i got home from the cruise i was already looking at where we could go next!

but i was figuring that mom wouldnt want to go for a while, she enjoyed the cruise but did not like it sometimes when we were in large groups of people so i figured she felt that cruising was not for her....but then to my surprise i walked downstairs and spotted her on the carnival website checking out different ships! WOOO!!!:)

Welcome to the cruise-aholics club:eek:

I happen to like the Miracle itinerary out of FLL to see St Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten.

Payd:)

As soon as we got back Aug 4, we booked another 2 cruises...we REALLY needed something to look forward to as we had the Cruise Blues real bad!

I am so jealous, we can only do one each year because we still have kids at home (and like to leave them to spend quality time with grandparents).

I am so jealous, we can only do one each year because we still have kids at home (and like to leave them to spend quality time with grandparents).

Ours is a teen (15.5) and she loves cruising as much as we do! Although, I do wish sometime just me and DH could go on one alone. Oh well, these are the "special" years with our teen..a few more years and she will be away to college. ;)

Welcome to the cruise-aholics club:eek:

Hello...my name is jessemon...and I'm a cruise-aholic.....

Hello jessemon.......:D

This site will drive you nuts....they tell you all these neat cruise...lines to cruise....places to go....things to see....drinks to be drank (friends of ( BW ) meetings.....(they need to start a friends of Cruise-aholics )...food to be eaten....and eaten .....and eaten.........

Enjoy this site....Try different lines...Different places to go.....

Do short cruises and longer ones.....

Just work lots of overtime to pay for them......:eek: :p ;)

Ha, back at you! Welcome to the addiction.

How do you know your addicted to CruiseCritic

0. Cruisecritic is your main entertainment

1. You get up in the middle of the night to check out the boards

2. Its the first thing in the morning you check.

3. You hit the "reload" button every 5 seconds.

4. When your say "just one more post, honey" and turnes into much longer.

5. You get nurvous ticks when you are away from the boards too long

6. Do you regale your co-workers and friends with what's online

7. Do you LOL at work and everyone turnes their head.

Hi, I'm flynrph. I'm a cruiseaholic.

For you newbies... Derf got it right up a couple of posts. Listen to what the man says.

Billfish.. the prognosis is poor. The only known treatment is palliative. Take another cruise to relieve the pain. Repeat PRN.

Some other treatment schemes include;

Booking another cruise while on the current cruise.

Booking another cruise before you go on your next cruise.

Book and take another cruise before your next planned cruise.

Have two future cruises booked.

I have tried most of these, with minimal relief. So like the rest of you, I work to cruise.

For the OP, the trick I have been using is to slowly work my way out of the Caribbean by alternating destinations. So you might want to consider...

Alaska... astounding and a must do in your lifetime.

New England. Relatively economical and very pleasant.

Mediterranean, gonna find out for myself next year.

And my sister tells me about northern Europe cruises. So there is still a lot of this planet to explore on a cruise ship.

And I've been on Carnival, Princess, and RCI. They all deliver a great cruise.

So SUCK IT UP and deal with PCD like the rest of us! Go Cruise! :D

You must of not read my disclaimer LOL.

By the way, if your first ship was the Sensation, wait till you get on the Spirit and Conquest class ships, you will surely be hooked for life. :D

Fred

well i'm 16 as of right now and i know i'm hooked more than my parents! which makes me happy because i have a lot of time ahead of me to cruise!

and im addicted to cruisecritic as well as cruising lol

i call everyone on here my people....when my parents complimented me on deciding we should go to paradise cove in freeport i was like my people told me about it hahaha and when i'd say random facts about the ship like the clothespins or how to keep a balcony door open and the ac running or you can get into the atlantis digs for free after 6 they would be like where in the world did you get this stuff? and i'd be like oh i know things my people told me! hahaha

well i'm 16 as of right now

Youre pretty lucky, my first cruise onboard the Holiday was at 19. My daughter is currently onboard a RCCL Ship in the carribbean as we speak and she is 14 years old and has been cruising since she was 3. She just got off the Freedom of the Seas even. :rolleyes:

Fred

My DH and I and our wonderful D 16 Year old Twins are getting on the Sensation tomorrow.. I have been hooked on this board since our first cruise in 2005. It is really nice to see other peoples opion on the different ships.. We love cruising and I am really hooked on this board I am going to miss it while we are away but as soon as we get back home on Sunday I am going to be on the board giving my review on the sensation..I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and see you all back here on Sunday.:D

My DH and I and our wonderful D 16 Year old Twins are getting on the Sensation tomorrow.. I have been hooked on this board since our first cruise in 2005. It is really nice to see other peoples opion on the different ships.. We love cruising and I am really hooked on this board I am going to miss it while we are away but as soon as we get back home on Sunday I am going to be on the board giving my review on the sensation..I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and see you all back here on Sunday.:D

ahh Have fun!!! Ill be on it soonn myself!!! Make sure you get a the details for us! =)

heck, I thought... "what did I do now???:confused: " LOL!

It's a wonderful addiction, when we get back and want to show friends and family pictures they know to ask..."just HOW many??"... okay after 400 plus they got antsy the last time:D

I also had to promise to stop sending vacation photos of us in the caribbean for christmas cards... made them depressed or something:D

Archived