Enchantment How Early Can I Book Flight Home?

My family was on the Enchantment last summer and we had a 2pm flight. I don't remember what time we got off the ship but it was probably around 9:30 or so and it was a very short taxi ride from the port to the airport. I know that the Enchantment runs on different days too. Our return date happened to be on a Saturday when several ships had returned. The Ft Lauderdale airport security was only letting passengers through security approx 45 mins before your flight and it was a zoo with everyone waiting with all their carryons in a small area. The food court was within the secured area also. I asked one of the security guys if we could go through a bit early so we could have some lunch and he was kind enough to let us do it after letting a group through to catch their plane. We were flying out on Delta, btw. Perhaps other departure areas of the airport weren't so cramped.

We are looking at booking an 11:25 a.m. flight out of FLL after our Enchantment trip in January and are not too worried about it. I think you should be fine, unless something unforeseen comes up and that you can't know until it happens.

We were on Enchantment in July and flew home to Denver on a Saturday. There are a number of different terminals at the FLL airport, each with its own security checkpoint, so I don't know if there would be a difference on how long it takes to get through security. We were in the third group to disembark and got to the aiport by 9:45, and did curbside check-in (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to avoid huge check-in lines at the counter). We thought we'd relax and grab a coffee before getting in what looked like a not-so-bad line for security... bad move! When we emerged at 10:30, the line had doubled and we were truly fearful that we'd miss our flight. Luckily at 10:55, a staff member from our airline came around looking for people on our flight. We were whisked to the front of the line and got to the gate about 15 minutes later. I don't think you'll have any problem getting to the airport from the ship, but just be aware that lines at security can be a problem and you should get your coffee at the gate!

Archived