Itinerary Changes- Costa Maya

faeriechick

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=614544

Update! Carnival

Carnival has just released the following updates:

star2.bmpCarnival Legend, August 26 departure from Tampa. The ship will visit Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The original itinerary was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.

star2.bmpCarnival Glory, August 25 departure from Port Canaveral. The ship will visit Key West, Cozumel, Progreso and Nassau instead of Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau as first scheduled.

star2.bmpCarnival Fantasy, August 25 departure from New Orleans. The ship will visit Progreso and Cozumel (instead of Costa Maya and Cozumel).

just spoke to Sam's club TA to check on cruise pricing.

She indicated that they don't have the "substitutions" yet as far out as Dec. (our date)

She did say her agency received an email today listing all the different changes. Were told 6-8 months before Costa Maya will be up.

Even for the same ship, said the sub can be different for each sail dates. She referenced either: a day @ sea, Calica, Progresso, Rotan, Key West, Jamica & Nassau:rolleyes:

We're sailing the Valor on 9/16 and our itinerary still shows Costa Maya on 9/21 but the link to the shore excursions has been removed from the "My Reservation" page.

Hopefully Carnival will publish and update soon.

Apparently the Glory itinerary changes will be the same as today's sailing, up until the December 15th Western sailing. (as somebody else on our Roll Call posted earlier today from their PVP)

Which means Belize is gone for the near future, along with Costa Maya, obviously.

I found a link to the Key West city website, which has a cruise ship docking calendar.

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

The Glory has been added every other Sunday from tomorrow until December 16th.

Time to bump my Cozumel reservations back a day now.....

Bill

Bill, just a thank you for the keywest link. We had read earlier today about the itinerary changes (overall) for Glory . . . but seeing it on the calendar . . . now we know how to plan a bit better.

Really appreciated!

Ani

It's about time that our govenment lifts that useless embargo against Cuba so in emergency times like these the cruise ships could have more options for us, the paying customers.

I cant wait wait when Cuba will be part of the western or eastern itenary. More options = cheaper prices. Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico are starting to sound "old,".

What emergency? Have I missed something?

I hardly think it is an emergency that a cruise line needs to change ports of call due to hurricane damage.

FYI:

I got this yesterday, however i was not working so I couldn't post this.

The latest update I got is as follows: Glory doing the revised itinerary up through 12/15, which I see is already posted. Fantasy is doing Progreso and Cozumel "until further notice." I have no idea how long that is going to be for, but I assume its going to be longer than 3 or 4 months. Holiday is doing Progreso and Cozumel, again "until further notice."

FYI:

The latest update I got is as follows: Glory doing the revised itinerary up through 12/15, which I see is already posted. Fantasy is doing Progreso and Cozumel "until further notice." I have no idea how long that is going to be for, but I assume its going to be longer than 3 or 4 months. Holiday is doing Progreso and Cozumel, again "until further notice."

That is super ! Thank you !!

I will definately keep my fingers crossed that no more hurricanes come through that area...

We only have 2 more months for my Birthday Cruise

FYI:

Faeriechick,

Any word on the itinterary for the Legend? Thanks for posting the changes here. You've been a great help!

Faeriechick,

Any word on the itinterary for the Legend? Thanks for posting the changes here. You've been a great help!

Same for the Liberty 8 day - any info?

Thanks Faeriechick for all the great info you've been posting for us lately - we really appreciate it.:D

I am not sure if this has been posted already.

Is it possible to get a refund if Carnival changes the ports? I am booked on the Valor on Oct 14 and the reason I chose this cruise is because I wanted to go to Roatan and Belize. I don't mind the change to Progresso from Costa Maya but if they change the other ones it really won't be what I booked and paid for.

Karen

I am not sure if this has been posted already.

Is it possible to get a refund if Carnival changes the ports? I am booked on the Valor on Oct 14 and the reason I chose this cruise is because I wanted to go to Roatan and Belize. I don't mind the change to Progresso from Costa Maya but if they change the other ones it really won't be what I booked and paid for.

Karen

Yes. You have 24 hours to cancel with a full refund from Carnival, after they officially notify you.

Latest Updates:

Legend 09/02/07: Doing Roatan instead of Costa Maya, although I believe this has already been posted.

Liberty 09/01/07: Doing Cozumel instead of Costa Maya

Valor 09/02/07: Doing Cozumel instead of Costa Maya.

Just off the Legend yesterday (8/26). When the Captain spoke at the debarkation talk. He said they should be able to return to Belize in a couple of weeks. He said that the cruise pier was pretty much destroyed in Costa Maya and that would be out for about 8 months. He went on to say that after Wilma this area has experience rebuilding. Hope it all works out for you.

We went to Key West-Nassua-Half Moon Cay-Grand Turk. I did talk to someone who went and asked for an upgrade due to itinerary change. They said they were told they had a chance for refund and declined. We received nothing for the change. The only thing that bugged me a little was Half Moon Cay. The ships workers staffed the island and s & s card was used for bars. They did do a lunch (hotdogs, hamburgers etc...) weird how the change gave them extra money from passengers due to the change. The island was great the nicest beach I've ever seen.

Key west was OK we just walked around then went into Ripley's. A note here there is a little outside bar across the street and they put it in a plastic cup and Ripley's lets you walk in with it.

Latest Updates:

Legend 09/02/07: Doing Roatan instead of Costa Maya, although I believe this has already been posted.

Liberty 09/01/07: Doing Cozumel instead of Costa Maya

Valor 09/02/07: Doing Cozumel instead of Costa Maya.

Do you know if there are any updates on the Victory? I've been looking on both the Carnival site as well as cruisecal but haven't seen anything yet.

FYI.....just checked for Liberty' date=' Sept 29[/color']

No Costa Maya changes have been posted yet on the Carnival site...

If anyone has different info....please post.........thanks

Thanks-we're on the same cruise! 33 days and we're on the Lido deck, 33 days and we're on the Lido deck.....

As someone asked earlier, why Belize? :confused: It doesn't appear that they had much damage. I have read reports saying they could be ready for cruise passengers in 2 weeks. My cruise isn't until Nov 17. Anyone know anything? The Glory itineraries have been changed through December. Anyone know if it is likely to change back to Belize?:confused: I know CM won't be ready for a long time. Thanks!:)

Archived