RCCL excursion to trunk bay

scoop45

Was looking for any info from any cruisers on the Royal Carib. St. John beach excursion through AOS. ... As in what time does it start, what other beaches are visited and how long the stay was at Trunk Bay. Also, is snorkel equipment provided, or must it be purchased.

We really want to hit Trunk Bay, and know how to get there on our own, but might find it more convienent (the price is almost the same) to just go through the cruise line. We are doing excursions on four other islands through private companies and might just want to let the RCCL handle everything for this one.

So anyone that has info on this or has been on it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Was looking for any info from any cruisers on the Royal Carib. St. John beach excursion through AOS. ... As in what time does it start, what other beaches are visited and how long the stay was at Trunk Bay. Also, is snorkel equipment provided, or must it be purchased.

We really want to hit Trunk Bay, and know how to get there on our own, but might find it more convienent (the price is almost the same) to just go through the cruise line. We are doing excursions on four other islands through private companies and might just want to let the RCCL handle everything for this one.

So anyone that has info on this or has been on it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I had this same dilemma. We have done the St. John thing on our own before (we went to Cinnamon Bay) and while it was basically a straight-forward process, it would be world's easier to just book it through RCCL (and not that much more expensive).

So, I did just book this tour through RCCL for our Serenade cruise this coming March. Like you, we have booked independant tours on all the other islands we are visiting but we are visiting St. Thomas on Easter Sunday and I really just don't want to have to think about it or worry about it, so I went with the RCCL excursion to Trunk Bay.

On our Serenade cruise the tour departs from the Havensight pier at 12:00 noon and is a 4 hour tour. This gives us the morning to relax and shop around Havensight. We leave by boat right from Havensight on the RCCL tour. We will have a narrated tour as we sail around the coast of St. Thomas. Then we head to Cruz Bay where we will take a tour bus to Trunk Bay. I believe we will spend about 1 1/2 hours at Trunk Bay and then reverse the process, ending right at the ship....EASY! The ship tour includes the use of snorkel gear as well as the admission fee to Trunk Bay.

When I went to Cinnamon Bay on my own I only spent about 2 hours on the beach because I was worried the whole time about missing the next ferry or not getting back to the ship in time. So, for me, 1 1/2 hours with no worries will be fine!

I know Trunk Bay will be more crowded than Cinnamon Bay was, but we live on the Atlantic Ocean and visit our crowded beaches all the time (Jersey Shore, Rehoboth Beach- Delaware) and have a great time and I'm pretty sure being on a crowded beach at Trunk Bay will still feel like we are in Paradise compared to what we are use to! :D

So, for a worry-free Easter Sunday visiting Trunk Bay our gang has decided to go with the ship tour versus doing it ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this tour. We left the ship and walked to a smallish boat about a block down the dock Took about 20 minutes to board. boat ride about and hour to cruz bay and a bit roughish.. Take bonine.

Arrived and boarded a bus to Trunk Bay. Got there and the water conditions were horrible. very very cloudy. Couldnt' see any fish. Big waves. Stayed about an hour and then took the return trip,

Very disappointed in the trip.

We had been to Hawksnest bay in St John 1n 1991 on the boat New Horizons and that was a great trip.

We did this tour through RCCL in February of 2004. We had a wonderful time. The ride over to St. Johns however was a bit rough but not too bad. We went in an open air bus to Trunk Bay and our driver, Wesley stopped many times for photo stops. Wesley was a RIOT! He had us all signing and laughing the entire time. I think a real great tour bus driver really makes a big difference.

We were at Trunk Bay for about an hour and a half. It wasn't actually very crowded when we were there. It was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The water was crystal clear.

Archived