e-mail confirmation from carnival.....then a price change & our balance goes up?

bubbles1209

We booked the Liberty last week for July of next summer through our PVP at Carnival using the military discount. We were sent a confirmation e-mail. Today, I get a different confirmation e-mail that has a higher balance due than the original e-mail confirmation shows. Anyone know what gives? I have put in a call and left a message with my PVP and am waiting for her to call back, anyone else ever have this happen?

problem is my first e-mail confirmation was the price quoted, now today we get one a little over $600 higher than the 1st one.

You should definitely follow-up with your PVP then, as, usually, you first get an invoice that shows the "regular" rate and then receive another invoice with the "updated/military" rate after Carnival has received/approved your military info.

problem is my first e-mail confirmation was the price quoted, now today we get one a little over $600 higher than the 1st one.

So did we. I think I have 3 confirmation emails. The final one showed the balance and the correct charge. First one showed the military rate. Second one the normal carnival rate. Third one, back to military rate. All in all it probably took close to 10 days for the final confirmation to come through. Hopefully your PVP can verify your information for you!

So did we. I think I have 3 confirmation emails. The final one showed the balance and the correct charge. First one showed the military rate. Second one the normal carnival rate. Third one, back to military rate. All in all it probably took close to 10 days for the final confirmation to come through. Hopefully your PVP can verify your information for you!

Maybe that's what it is, we booked exactly 7 days ago (yep 7 it's after mid-night so it's now Sat, we booked on the 18th). So until I hear from my PVP, I can only hope that's what it is.

Ok, everything is straightened back out like it should be. Apparently they had put our military discount on our Feb cruise twice, instead of one on the Feb. cruise and 1 on the July cruise. PVP got it straightened out, have the correct e-mail confirmation and all is well.:)

Archived