HELP....Dang you all make it hard ;(

Disneycruiser#1

Ok, I thought my husband and I would just hit Magen's Bay since we have never been to St. Thomas and are cruising without kids.........just go back from Mexico and lots of snorkeling so we want to relax.

Megan's Bay, Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach........would like a chair, maybe some shade, restrooms and a cold drink.

How much does it cost to get to Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach? I have seen anywhere from $6 to 8.50 pp to Megan's Bay.....help leave in a few days???

Megan's Bay, Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach........ all are great beaches. Magens Bay is the largest then Sapphire then Coki. Reverse that order for best snorkeling. Magens Bay has the most shade provided by seagrape trees and coconut trees. Sapphire has some and I think Coki has umbrellas for rent. All have bathrooms; Sapphires is the cleanest then Magens Bay and then Coki Beach. All three have drinks/food available. Magens Bay and Coki would be busy when cruise ships are in port as they are popular destinations for tours... then Sapphire (which is also popular)... so none are off the beaten track so to speak.

Magens Bay has an entrance fee as its a park and the money goes to help clean up and maintain the beach/facilities. Sapphire is part of resort but the beach is open to the public but there are resort related amenities nearby... watersports too in a variety if that interest you. Coki is very touristy with lots of folks hawking food, drinks, hair braiding, diving, snorkeling... everything.

Time and Cost for Taxi from Havensight Dock:
Magens Bay: $6 each person for a group of 2 or more people. $8.50 for a person alone. 15 minute drive
Sapphire: $8 a person for a group of 2+, $10 for a person alone. 17 minutes
Coki: $7 a person for a group of 2+, $10 for a person alone. 12 minutes

--Islander
[url]www.vinow.com[/url]

Thanks for the info Islander.......gatylor this time since we cruise a lot we are just doing a laid back whatever goes cruise since our 3 and 6 year olds sons will not be with us. For the first time I do not want to commit to anything just wake up that morning and go for thanks for the Godfrey recommendation I see it on these boards a lot :)

In that event, we haven't been to Sapphire, but we prefer [url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/167321894/167331576YMffiB"]Coki[/url] over [url="http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=167321894&photoID=167330519&security=RSVsNp"]Megan's Bay[/url], which we think is overrated, That said, Coki can get crowded, so consider how many ships are in on your day of visiting.

Our personal preference would be to get to St. Johns and Hawksnest beach.

• 5 weeks later...
Was at Sapphire Beach last October. The beach view was beautiful. The water clear. Lots of rocks/coral to walk on to get into the water. Didn't like that much. It's a resort. So there are amenities.

I bought 2 beers - a Caribe and a Miller Lite from the bar. $9.

Roll back one day. St. Maarten - Dawn Beach/Oyster Bay by Busby's Bar.
Caribe - $0.75. Sapphire Beach was a bit of a sticker shock.

We are going to try Coki this October when on the Empress Oct 24.

Archived