This May Be a Sign of Serious Mental Problems ...

LVGlenn

I am so looking forward to our cruise in November (Mariner, Eastern Carribean, Nov 14th) that I'm actually excited about making the final payment which I'm going to do tonight. I know, I know, I'm deeply disturbed.

I did have a question that I posted in the ports of call forum, but got no response, so I thought I'd try here.

Our fisrt stop is in Nassau, and we really want to do the full on Dolphin Swim as opposed to the Dolphin Encounter you can book through the ship. Our itinerary says we'll be in Nassau from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I've checked the web site for Nassau Dolphin Encounters, and they say they have departures at 8:30 and 10:30 and that the swim program is about three hours. It appears they have the same schedule for the encounter program sold through the ship. So, my question is, do we have enough time on this short stop to do the swim program? I wouldn't want to schedule the 8:30 departure thinking that the chances of being off the boat by then (not to mention getting my wife up by then but that's another story) are not all that great. If the 10:30 departure is for three hours and therefore gets back around 1:30, well that's cutting it pretty close for a 2:00 sailing.

Has anyone here done the full swim program on the Mariner's EC itinerary? If so, when did you book for. If we do get back from the swim site at 1:30 are you dropped close to the ship? Close enough to make a 2:00 sailing? It seems to me it should work since the schedule is the same as with the encounter, but I want to be sure before I book anything. Thanks in advance for any advice

I'm sure someone can verify this, but I believe the people who book on their own take the same ferries to Dolphin Encounters as the people who book through the cruiseline. I think the main difference was that the people who booked on their own technically had to get to the ?Paradise Island" pier to board the ferry, although I don't see where it would make much difference if you boarded at the cruise ship pier.

I have been told that if you book through the cruiseline and the tour is running late, the ship won't leave you. Therefore, if the 10:30 tour gets behind, nothing to fret. If you book it on your own, then you are on your own. You might want to confirm this through the cruiseline first. If not, then it's the 8:30 without question.

I am so looking forward to our cruise in November (Mariner, Eastern Carribean, Nov 14th) that I'm actually excited about making the final payment which I'm going to do tonight. I know, I know, I'm deeply disturbed.

I go a couple weeks after you and I feel the same...excited about making the final payment! Psycho huh? I can't help it...I guess it's because that your docs could arrive at any time after that! Have fun on your cruise! :D

Oh my -- thank goodness I'm not the only one!! Two days till I make final payment - they think I'm a total NUT job at work!!!

:D

Oh my -- thank goodness I'm not the only one!! Two days till I make final payment - they think I'm a total NUT job at work!!!

:D

Doesn't it feel GREAT to get that last payment made??? No you just have to start saving for the extras!

Doesn't it feel GREAT to get that last payment made??? No you just have to start saving for the extras!

;) Been saving for those extras since the booking date of December 8, 2003! All silver coin and $20 per paycheck (which is every two weeks) goes into the Cruise Fund Jar . . . I've got ALL my excursions and tips paid for already! Now all I need is drink money . . . :D

Guess I am right there with the rest of you. Who' da thunk dropping several hundred, or a couple thousand bucks in one drop could bring so much pleasure--instead of that sick pit in the stomach that happens when you need a new washer, roof, air conditioner........you get the picture.......... I can't wait until Dec 4th.............

Getting back to the question at hand here, I once arrived back to the ship at 1:50 for a 2pm sailing (they say you have to be back by 1:30) and they totally had no problem...the excursion was booked through the ship. It was a scuba excursion and the dive master was FROM the ship.

jrm, What the lady told me was that if the ship was arriving at 8, that it would be very difficult to get off the boat in time to catch the 8:30 boat to Blue Lagoon. I also noticed when checking the Nassau shore excursions available on the RCCL website for my particular sailing that the dolphin encounter was not offered. That gibes with something else the dolphin lady told me which was that they were not showing any bookings from the Mariner.

Flamingo - might just go ahead and give the rays a try. Did those before in Cayman and it was awesome. We were really hoping to do the dolphin swim though - oh well.

Archived