Dining attire questions?

nmlmom

In October 2005, I will be going on the Mariner for my honeymoon. This is my 2nd cruise. I'm 23 now and my first cruise was when I was 9 so I don't really remember much! Will RC send us info about when the formal nights are and how many there are if there are more than one? I'm so focused on the wedding and I don't want to have to worry about what kind of clothes I'll be wearing the next week when the big day comes! Please help!

Second, don't worry too much about your cruise clothing. Get the stuff ready and separate from your other clothes a week or so in advance since you will have much more to attend to in the days before the wedding.

You will need 2 formal outfits, 2 semi formal outfits and 3 casual outfits for dining in the evening. For daytime (warm weather cruise, right?) a couple shorts outfits and sundresses will be perfect. On sea days you will be in a bathing suit and cover up so you do not need an outfit to change into each day. So, take at least 3 nice bathing suits, plus one old suit for the hot tub in the evening. There is nothing wrong with wearing the same thing twice on a cruise, though you will probably get a lot of argument here on that subject. Take your most comfortable pair of shoes for daytime.

Make yourself a clothing list to carry in your wallet, to take advantage of off season sales. Then, make sure your Fiance has planned a wardrobe for the cruise, too.

Have fun planning!

Archived