Sea Princess 9/22

NewKroozr

Hi all,

New to the boards; thanks to all the veteran posters who take the time to provide accurate info to us "newbies"...

Will be sailing on the Sea Princess on the 22nd of September. I thought the fact that I will be sailing solo, an American on a ship full of our British friends, might be of interest to those here.

This is my first cruise; everyone who is anybody in my life suggested, since I work in Iraq, that a leisurely ballad through the Med might just be what the doctor ordered.

I didn't go through a travel agent; booked this one myself through Princess' website...(probably paid way too much-single supplement 200%) Anytime dining (I am trying to get decent dining room attire sent to me from home, but it's looking more and more like "Casual" casual...) Did rent a tux for formal night(s) though...)

Got a good cabin choice (Category J - Caribe deck, inside, forward..) hopefully this is a good location...only problem is the website assigned me one of the "disabled" cabins on that deck...called Princess and they said if they need it they would give me an upgrade at check-in, but if not, enjoy the larger cabin!...and I plan too.

More later!

NewKroozr, it sounds like you have everything under control, cruisewise.

200% single supplement is the norm when traveling solo ~ it isn't really fair, but that is still the way it is. I hope you are moved from the handicap cabin, there is more room but an upgrade would be nice!

Khakis/chinos and a golf or sport shirt is all that is required for most evenings, and you've got formal nights covered with the tux ~ if the clothing doesn't arrive from home in time, just go shopping at one of the early ports for a few clothes. You can send them out or do the laundry onboard if you run out before the cruise is over.

Have you checked the Roll Calls to see if one has been started for your cruise? That is a good way to share and get to know others on your particular sailing.

NewKroozr - as GloriaF said check out to see if there is a roll call and join up to meet people on the same cruise. They can also give you any ideas on transfers or shore excursions.

I cruised the sea princess in April, it was my first cruise and I loved it. I have not cruised solo before but noted in the princess patters that they had solo cruiser meets if you fancied it . There are lots of things going on round the ship but there are also places that you can get away from everyone and relax.

From going on this cruise I have booked another cruise - this time just myself and my 10 yr old son - as I feel quite confident that if I want to meet people and get invoved with activities I could but I can also find a quiet place to read my book or just watch the world go by.

Good luck and have a fantastic time

P.S, Also lots of tips on the solo cruisers pages on the main page of the boards

Hi NewKroozr

We are going on the same cruise, this is our second, but first with Princess, really looking forward to it.

Have you been reading the review posted by Seven_of_Nine, she is on the same cruise at the moment, the boat is currently in Ajaccio Corsica. It is a great way to get into the mood for your holiday. We have been checking out the Bridge Cam every day that they are in port.

If you need to purchase clothes and have the time the best place for you to go would be the West Quay in Southampton it is a massive Mall and should give you a good choice.

I'm sure you will find most of us Brits friendly, and I positive we will have a great time.

Lanark Lass

Archived