Tanning Bed, Do I Have Time?

janabug

We are leaving for Florida Sunday and wanted to get a pre-tan before we left, just call me master procrastinator! :o

I am pretty fair but can achieve a good tan if I don't burn first, which I would do on my first day at sea. I don't want that to happen this time around.

I only have 4 days (Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat) available to get to a tanning bed, will this do me any good?

You have never tanned before....be careful. Ask the person at the salon about how long you should stay in the tanning bed. Make sure to use the tanning lotion they recommend.

I tan before we go every time. I would rather be burnt here than on vacation.

Have a great trip!!!

I'd skip any type of accelerating lotion for the first 3 or 4 visits. (which in your case means don't use them pre cruise) If you are fair, you can really burn with that stuff. Better to do it slowly. Depending on the strength of the bulbs at your tanning salon, I certainly would start below 10 min. 4 days will give you a glow, so you have a bit of color when you hit the sun on the cruise. But please take a spf 30-45 with you on the cruise. Especially if you'll be spending time at the pool or beaches. That sun is unforgiving even on darker complexioned people. I tan super easy, and still use at least a spf 15 to tan, not burn. Always a 30 on my face and chest. And I repeat applications every hour. So be careful out there!! It always horrifies me to see these passengers spending even an hour without creaming up...and then sitting at dinner looking so uncomfortable and RED! The rest of the cruise, they're in the shade or sitting on a chaise with towels all over them.

OOh and don't forget to cream up your feet!! Lots of red feet squeezed into sandals!

Have a great time!

I think the ones that you stand up in are supposed to tan you faster. They cost a little more but it would be worth it.

Also the brochure I have states that "moist, nourished skin tans best.Indoor tanning lotions are designed to supply your skin with the essential nutrients necessary for a tan."

Could be a sales pitch but if you are in a hurry ask the people there if it truly works.

Don't forget to wear the goggles!:)

Archived