set sail pass !

Hi,

Because the dollar is so weak against the pound I booked in $ and left the ships currency to pay in dollars too!? We have the money changed either way really. We either pay in £ in which the ships account is converted in $ then charged to your card. Or we pay in $ in which case your currency is converted into $ to pay the account. So I guess the question sould be which way gets the better exchange rate? I dont think there will be much in it but check with the bank what extra charges they will charge you to pay in another currency compared to what rate RCI convert the amount owed into $. Either way the amount you spendon board will go MUCH farther on a $ ship over a Euro or Pound one because of the cracking exchange rate. Ive also checked in and printed off my pass.....we've only paid the deposit and we dont sail till Jan!! lol

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,

Because the dollar is so weak against the pound I booked in $ and left the ships currency to pay in dollars too!? We have the money changed either way really. We either pay in £ in which the ships account is converted in $ then charged to your card. Or we pay in $ in which case your currency is converted into $ to pay the account. So I guess the question sould be which way gets the better exchange rate? I dont think there will be much in it but check with the bank what extra charges they will charge you to pay in another currency compared to what rate RCI convert the amount owed into $. Either way the amount you spendon board will go MUCH farther on a $ ship over a Euro or Pound one because of the cracking exchange rate. Ive also checked in and printed off my pass.....we've only paid the deposit and we dont sail till Jan!! lol

Cheers,

Mike

How can you have printed off your pass when you havent made final payment....do you mean the guest info is what you printed? Because that is very different from your Set Sail Pass.

I have chosen to pay for my onboard account in Dollars as Amex doesnt charge me a conversion rate and their rate is way much better than RCCI's exchange rate.

• 1 month later...

No its actually the boarding pass!? weird eh! I mentioned it to the couple who have booked with us, and they said the same thing had happened to them! lol

Must have been a glitch onthe day or something!? Either way we have both got our setsail boarding passes printed off and raring to go!

:)

help!have printed out my sail pass and done the credit card bit but now i have to tick either A or B for the conversion in to my currency [english] has any 1 got a idea which is the better value using this option:confused:

I don't know what exchange rate RCI use for Sea Pass accounts, although if it is the same rate as they use for bookings, and I suspect it is, then they only change the rate every few months, and at the moment it is very low. The $ has weakened against the £ lately, with the rate being close to 2.05 now. I would have the rate charged in $$ and let your bank convert it, as they will charge the rate on the dy of conversion, plus a service fee.

Where in Lincs are you, my parents and brother live near Sleaford?

I have always been told to let your credit card company do the currancy conversion rather than hotels etc, as you get the best rate.

I know on past holidays we have had to the states, we have always been pleasantly suprised with purchases made on our cred card (Nationwide) as its always been a much better exchange rate than what we could have got at the time.

I have always been told to let your credit card company do the currancy conversion rather than hotels etc, as you get the best rate.

I know on past holidays we have had to the states, we have always been pleasantly suprised with purchases made on our cred card (Nationwide) as its always been a much better exchange rate than what we could have got at the time.

Yes, I agree. Nationwide are pretty good for this kind of transaction and are usually cheaper than letting the cruise line decide what rate/charges they want to apply. I'd always choose option B.

Archived